Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier about my lovingly built out 2015 diesel 1500 PM needing a new ENGINE with 8800 miles on it. Well, they cleared me to get a replacement engine... 3 weeks ago as of this coming Tue.

Current word is my engine is in Detroit, in quarantine, getting quality checked, and there is no word on when it will be ready to ship or even when they will know when it will be available to ship.

Apparently they are checking a whole batch of engines?

But how many of those engines are bound for a vehicle stranded 11 hours from home, with the owner paying the price of 4 and counting weeks of lost use / lost opportunity for further buildout (Dec was my month to have work done on it!) / enjoyment / registration / insurance / van payments?

Anyone else? Any ideas for putting any pressure on Ram? This is getting absurd. And calling customer service line the best they will do is escalate you to a manager... who calls back within 2 days... and has no access to data about what is happening in Detroit or authority to compensate me in any way or make anything happen....

·
Registered
130 Posts
FCA downed my jeep for a month waiting on a speedometer cluster, they did pay for a rental though. They also offered to make a monthly payment but since I did not finance, they declined. food for thought.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You'll have to search here to find the older threads, but you do have the option of Lemon Lawing it. I would be throwing the phrase lemon law around when on the phone to FCA. Other than that, I got nothing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An engine has finally been shipped! So stealthily that customer service had no idea it was going to be shipped! Well, customer service had no idea it HADN'T been shipped - they started calling the service center last week asking if the repair was done, and were "perplexed" to learn that NO, because YOU DIDN'T SHIP US AN ENGINE.

And of course upon installation turns out they didn't ship all the parts required for the engine, so repair is going to take an extra week while we wait on those additional parts.

Awesome!

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Can you find out what failed in your other engine? 8000 miles use so it had to be something done or not done during assembly or a bad component. Did they sent a long block (head installed?). What were the symptoms of the failure?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently was torqued/installed incorrectly? Started making a rotational banging sound. The nut was coming loose on the 1st piston and had we driven further it would have "grenaded' the engine. Sorry have no idea about the long block. Just that they replaced the whole engine. also discovered there was a preexisting oil leak (started sometime between 6-8.8K miles), but didn't bother diagnosing the source as the whole engine got trashed

·
Registered
229 Posts
You'll have to search here to find the older threads, but you do have the option of Lemon Lawing it. I would be throwing the phrase lemon law around when on the phone to FCA. Other than that, I got nothing.

I called several lawyers and the national lemon law group, and was told by all that it is considered a commercial vehicle and these laws do not apply.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I called several lawyers and the national lemon law group, and was told by all that it is considered a commercial vehicle and these laws do not apply.
that law may or may not apply (first time iv'e heard that applied to commercial) but they WILL buy back a vehicle with constant problems.... mine is on the verge;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mines also commercial and has been at the dealer for 24 days. The dealers local Tech rep put in a request to reimburse my payment .. I have also contacted a lawyer who told me commercial is different but still able to claim it a Lemon.... not sure if It matters bought it in NJ and registered in PA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
that law may or may not apply (first time iv'e heard that applied to commercial) but they WILL buy back a vehicle with constant problems.... mine is on the verge;)
what dept have you talked with about a buy back? the chrysler care rep i have says that is not his office.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mines also commercial and has been at the dealer for 24 days. The dealers local Tech rep put in a request to reimburse my payment .. I have also contacted a lawyer who told me commercial is different but still able to claim it a Lemon.... not sure if It matters bought it in NJ and registered in PA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
i could not find a lawyer that would take on the problem, everyone i spoke to said they would get an affiliate
to call me; then I would get yet another call from the national lemon law office in chicago who would tell me again that this dont apply to commercial vehicles. what does your lawyer specialize in? most here are injury lawyers. What kinda cost is your case? Would your lawyer help me find someone in my area? i bought in AR and live in MS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just a thought, I worked in a dealership in Illinois some years ago. You could file a complaint with the state attorney general. When that came down the pike everyone jumped to attention. I have no idea about your state, might want to call your states AG and inquire. Ours had a form that detailed your concerns that had to be submitted at the AG office at the state capitol. Just a thought.

·
Registered
463 Posts
For my van in Colorado, there was a card with the owners manual and warranty stuff that I sent in to get the ball rolling on the lemon replacement. With that and frequent calls to the dealer and FCA customer support I got mine replaced. No lawyer needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would speak to the General Manager of the dealer where you purchased the fan before going to the Attorney General, but let them know that that is the direction you will be headed if you don't get any satisfaction. Maybe have a well written letter with the AG"s name on the top. The one vehicle I have had "bought back" by the dealer resulted in a meeting with the GM of the dealership and the manufacturers rep.
Now, concerning the Promaster,I have spoke to the dealer about a possible buy back, but I also have a lot of time invested in this camper build, you cant get a diesel right now, I would get the extended van and a lot of my camper buildout will change.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts