Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the two person section of the wagon rear seat can be removed leaving the single seat in place?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes

We looked over one of the Wagons to see if that was possible and the two seats do appear to be bolted down separately. We wanted to take out the double and leave the single. When the double is folded up, leaving the single, it feels both dangerous and confining. The hard bottom edge is aimed right at the rear passenger with no airbag to protect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone have the length behind a folded driverside seat?
Unfolded?
As well as the height of the folded seat.

Thanks for any info, or pics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone have the length behind a folded driverside seat?
Unfolded?
As well as the height of the folded seat.

Thanks for any info, or pics.
Length to back door or where? To the back door, its 4' from the seat in seating position. When you fold flat, nothing changes. When you flip forward, you gain a foot to the back door for cargo (5').
The height of the folded flat seat is 17" above the door "step" right below the curve in the step plastic part. Its about 14" above the flat floor of the van to the seat belt guide at the top (front) of the seat.
Pictures of my van are in the classifieds in the Promaster section, the latest added, I think. If you need more pics, tell me what you need and I can just add them to my advertisement in the classifieds. Someone who wants to buy the van will want to know what you do, no doubt. My van is for sale.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anybody know if the two person section of the wagon rear seat can be removed leaving the single seat in place?
Use a 15mm metric socket to remove the 3 seat bolts. Remove the front 2 bolts first (in the slanted face of the floor).
Then, remove the vertical bolt, allowing the seat to move vertically as you loosen. When you replace the seat reverse
the order - put the vertical bolt in first. If you don't, the seat will not align with the front bolts and you'll bung up the bolts.
You have to keep the seat pushed toward the rear of the vehicle while putting the vertical bolts in so the front bolts
align to the holes. The outboard side of the double seat uses a pin for alignment, so only 3 bolts are needed. In my van,
I replaced the single seat with a cabinet for campwares. I often take out the double seat to house 2 coolers under the
front of my bed. I love the configurability of this van! I find a new way to use it every day. See pictures in the "classified"
section of the forum. Its labeled Promaster Classifieds, but we subs can use it, too. My add has a bunch of pictures.
Its the first Promaster City you come to, probably the first ad you come to, until someone adds another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced the single seat with a cabinet for campwares. I often take out the double seat to house 2 coolers under the front of my bed.
Question: do you know if it is possible to switch the position of the single seat so that it is the only rear seat, but behind the driver instead of the passenger, and still able to fold up? Aesthetics aside, of course.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It would be possible, but cumbersome. The seat would be fine, I believe.
You'd have to drill an in-board bolt hole in the van floor. Then, in order to make the seat latch, you'd need to put a cup in the floor with a steel rod across it to catch the seat latch. That would have to be welded to the floor, so, not simple, but possible. While you're welding, you'd also weld a nut under the in-board seat hole instead of using a non-captive bolt
and nut for the seat front mounting. If you weld, this would all be pretty
easy. If not, forget it, or hire someone to do it. Oh, and there is a locating pin on the in-board seat mount which requires a simple hole in the floor.
I hope that helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes

We looked over one of the Wagons to see if that was possible and the two seats do appear to be bolted down separately. We wanted to take out the double and leave the single. When the double is folded up, leaving the single, it feels both dangerous and confining. The hard bottom edge is aimed right at the rear passenger with no airbag to protect.
The airbags for the rear are in the two posts flanking the sliding door. The forward one on each side might serve as side cushions for the front as well as face bags for the rear. Remember to pop out the fuse and allow the charge to drain before screwing with either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts