Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,427 Posts

· Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
1,222 Posts
You agree to it when you join so nobody is forcing anybody to join if they don't agree with the rules. Plus its simple rules; intro post, no politic talks and be respectful. If you want wild west type of forum, join the FB group there is plenty of spam post, politic post etc.

· Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,438 Posts
The problem is people don’t see all the spam and phony sign ups the forum gets daily because Uvan & I spend a lot of time weeding them all out. At least making an introductory post allows us to make a better determination on whether or not someone is a (potential) spammer and it gives other members a way to see who they are actually posting back & forth with.

· Banned
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules https://www.promasterforum.com/forums/promasterforum-com-introduction-section.122/ Please be aware until you do make the required introductory
Hey all! Finished my floating subfloor and added some kilz mildew/mold primer on top. Great stuff around the edges. I’m curious if there’s any benefit to putting vinyl plank flooring down before adding furniture and counters in a build rather than adding to the visible floor areas afterwards. Thanks!
I would suggest finishing the visible floor only. When you need to replace the flooring, difficult to do under cabinets, etc.

· Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,438 Posts
Beth Ellen has been banned until October 1 for refusing to make an introductory post after repeated warnings (see the post above)

· Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum www.promasterforum.com/forums/promasterforum-com-introduction-section.122/
Just waiting for the build-your-own-house fad to take off...
People all over social media posting pictures of a foundation and floor, with no walls: "ready to start laying floor tile!"
🤣

Seriously though, I think
(1) Someone, somewhere, decided to do the floor first and it took off like a dank meme.
(2) Most people that don't build buildings probably think "build bottom to top". They might even do their house floor first. It never crossed my mind to do the floor first because in buildings it's always done last and I didn't watch any van youtube or van social media or anything.
(3) It's a small space, and a small rectangle is easy to cover.
(4) It's not very daunting. I mean, I did my bed first. Might not do it that way next time, but hey, it's a big easy thing to get out of the way.
Hello. My wife brought home a sample of vinyl plank flooring from Home Depot (LifeProof Rigid click-lock vinyl plank) this last weekend, and we were instantly sold. Seemed to provide everything we were looking for in an lvp flooring atlanta... flexible, durable, waterproof, and at least somewhat sound-deadening.

Unfortunately, I just learned today that it's designed to be installed in temperature-controlled environments ranging from 50-100F. As the temp inside our bus yesterday maxed out at 125 (and that was not the hottest day we'll have), this presents problems.

Has anyone used this product or others like it in high-temp environments?
What do you think will happen if (I mean when) the temp rating was exceeded?
What would be the best alternatives that could take the heat?

· Registered
2017 136” HR
886 Posts
I have CoreTec solid core vinyl planks in my Airstream in the California high desert and the trailer had seen inside temps as high as 130° and as low as 30°F in the past 4 years. It looks the same as on day one. No separation or buckling.

• Helpful
Reactions: RV8R

· Registered
3 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum www.promasterforum.com/forums/promasterforum-com-introduction-section.122/
21 - 31 of 31 Posts