Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new Promaster owner I was wondering why the date is shown on the screen instead of something more important like the MPH? The speedometer is kind of hard to read.

A few days ago I saw the "range 220" instead of the date but I cant remember what I pressed to get that there or to get it back.

Is there a way to change what is shown there? I had a scan gauge on my sprinter and my have to install that on my PM

·
Registered
70 Posts
As a new Promaster owner I was wondering why the date is shown on the screen instead of something more important like the MPH? The speedometer is kind of hard to read.

A few days ago I saw the "range 220" instead of the date but I cant remember what I pressed to get that there or to get it back.

Is there a way to change what is shown there? I had a scan gauge on my sprinter and my have to install that on my PM
There's a button on the tip of the lever on the right of the steering column (windshield wiper controls I think) that let's you change what's shown. It doesn't have the option for speed though. I would love to add the direction of travel to that screen too.

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
420 Posts
Yes, I'd like to see a compass on either the EVIC or on the status line on the radio myself, and I would also like to have speed on the EVIC.

However: while at first I found the speedometer hard to read, I got used to it.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
You are not alone! Most of us would rather the date be and LED speedo!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,650 Posts
Good idea ! It's pretty easy, Just a few bits in the software and an update at the dealer!

Quick, someone call the Mopar software department at Ram headquarters! Oh wait...
Quick, someone call the Mopar software department in Mexico! Oh wait...
Quick, someone call the Fiat software department in Italy!

Oh wait...

·
Registered
351 Posts
My wife's Subaru show's Altitude on her NAV screen. I wish the Promaster would do the same.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I suspect as a work van having the date on the dashboard could be useful for filling out work orders. For me, not so much. I usually have that set to show me instantaneous MPG so I can improve my gas mileage.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,650 Posts
My wife's Subaru show's Altitude on her NAV screen. I wish the Promaster would do the same.
I suppose it would be useful to know how high you are! >:D

Being retired, I like the date info... keeps me informed!

Ed

ps. I too would like a digital speedometer screen. Now I look at the GPS which gives me speed and speed limit all in one glance... no, not the factory GPS... a Garmin!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts