Ram Promaster Forum banner
541 - 560 of 589 Posts

· Premium Member
2019 136 low roof
386 Posts
Not exactly wild, but amazing. We didn't expect much other than the mountain view when we got to Convict Lake Campground near Bishop, CA. ((Before you ask, two visits to Shat's Bakery). Sites were just exposed flat spots with maybe a bush or two. Most were taken. Then, WOW. A FCFS protected spot just perfect for the van to slip into, with no other site nearby.

View attachment 90206

Only after we had paid, did we notice that we had a gorgeous table area

View attachment 90207

and creek that curved and ran right by the kitchen window.

View attachment 90208

We stayed an extra day just to veg. The sun was hot elsewhere, but our little cocoon was quite comfortable.
Cloud Sky Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive tire
Cloud Sky Plant Atmosphere Afterglow

We Missed you by just a few days! We were at convict lake Sept 25-26. Had a great view and a glorious sunset

Reactions: Baxsie

· Registered
2021 1500 136"WB High top
1,704 Posts
Not exactly wild, but amazing. We didn't expect much other than the mountain view when we got to Convict Lake Campground near Bishop, CA. ((Before you ask, two visits to Shat's Bakery). Sites were just exposed flat spots with maybe a bush or two. Most were taken. Then, WOW. A FCFS protected spot just perfect for the van to slip into, with no other site nearby.

View attachment 90206

Only after we had paid, did we notice that we had a gorgeous table area

View attachment 90207

and creek that curved and ran right by the kitchen window.

View attachment 90208

We stayed an extra day just to veg. The sun was hot elsewhere, but our little cocoon was quite comfortable.
paradise! With a lake. Water makes everything better.

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape Mountain

Where's Shiny? Horne Lake, BC, parked on a gas-line ROW.

Water Sky Cloud Water resources Plant

Moon rise over Horne Lake, taken from our lakeside campsite. Also took a cave tour at Horne Caves.

Water Plant Wood Natural landscape Working animal

And this from our riverside campsite at Stamp River, BC, during the salmon run. So many bonuses on this trip.

· Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
938 Posts
We're having spectacular weather here in Central Oregon, so we did a short trip down to Crater Lake. Late Fall makes for minimal crowds, tried to climb Mt McLoughlin but too rocky for us near the top.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Fall is really great in that area. Lake of the Woods Sunset campground is my favorite spot.

· Registered
2020 159" high roof, northern IL
388 Posts
Brighton Beach, north shore of Lake Superior just outside of Duluth. May 1988. Yeah, I know... old picture, found when looking for pix for the "Back in the Day" thread. I tried to duplicate this shot with my Promaster on her trip up north in September, but Brighton Beach is closed "for repairs" for the next 2 years!
Sky Natural landscape Wood Tree Bedrock

Always travel with a dog!

· Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
938 Posts
Dang. We just missed you, MtBiker. Camped at Lake Cuyamaca near Julian last weekend. View attachment 90890
Ha. Would have liked to meet you guys. We are now in socal after moving from Southern Oregon.
We just started getting out and seeing the great camping spots down here. Next out to the desert.
Have a great trip.

· Registered
2021 1500 136"WB High top
1,704 Posts
This is so amazing. I spent my childhood and late teens here. Soooo many memories: the beach, the Lucy Evelyn, the trampolines, miniature golf… I went to our old house. Boy did the new owners give it a pretty facelift!! My father bought that house in the 70”s for $35k. It’s now worth over a million. CRAZY!

(BTW, here in the parking lot with the Back gate open and the breaking waves as a soundtrack — this is so much richer an experience than living in the house ever was. )

the heater is running full blast. beaR was so cold he was shaking. Sooo glad I took the leap and got it. And so much thanks to @djmoyer for helping me install it!!!

541 - 560 of 589 Posts