Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this product in their 136" Promaster?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got bedrug to upload pictures of "vanrug" so here you go. I ordered mine locally should be here tomorrow. They said this is a 136" van.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I got it installed between cel events, it's a nice product, little short in back but I knew it from the pictures they provided and dimisions.

I found them on Amazon for 206 + 12.99 shipping. Locally I bought it, got it next day for 220 and tax. Would I buy again, yes. They sell the vantred that is not the carpet but is rubber coated. Truck stores may have samples of the bedrug/bedtred products to see, my local store did.

Best way to describe carpet, compare to speaker box carpets. Soft polypropylene. It wouldn't be hard to buy or build a sill plate out of diamond plate back there though.

I need to trim the plastic interior panel up by the seat. The vanrug is taller than the clearance below the trim and floor, not much a belt sander will fix that easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a Vanrug in my 136. I just pulled it out and discovered water under it. Not just moisture but water just next to the driver side wheel well. And since it is sitting at an angle in the drive right now the water ran and there was a couple tablespoons or more of water that ended up behind the drivers seat.
A leak? It did storm last night. Condensation under the rug? I did sleep in it a couple nights ago.
I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary or anywhere that water may have infiltrated.
Anyone have thoughts?
Thank you, Nancy

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi, I have a Vanrug in my 136. I just pulled it out and discovered water under it. Not just moisture but water just next to the driver side wheel well. And since it is sitting at an angle in the drive right now the water ran and there was a couple tablespoons or more of water that ended up behind the drivers seat.
A leak? It did storm last night. Condensation under the rug? I did sleep in it a couple nights ago.
I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary or anywhere that water may have infiltrated.
Anyone have thoughts?
Thank you, Nancy
Just wondering if you found out anything more about this? I am thinking of ordering one of these. Thx

·
Registered
142 Posts
Talked to the company and he said some moisture could possibly get trapped there from condensation but it would be very little.

After looking more into reviews of this I decided to try it and placed an order. Should have it on Wednesday.

Now I need to decide how to build out the van with this stuff on the floor. Should I build cabinets on the steel floor and cut the vanrug to fit or build on top of the vanrug?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the vanrug in my 136. Its a quick way to get something on your floor giving you some insulation and better than stepping on bare metal. In bare feet you will still feel the ribbing of the van floor.

If I were to do it over I would use something like Flexseal on the floor first and then put the vanrug down.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Haven't ordered yet but that's whats going in mine. My ready to ship date on my 2018 was yesterday. Dealer says a couple more weeks to get it. Let the ordering begin.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had this installed for a few days now. The forward part of the Vanrug goes under the trim pieces behind the doors. This holds this in place. We took a trip yesterday and I think it helped the sounds a little (no insulation yet). It is a little squishy but I like it. Easy to walk on. My other half actually took a nap on it and said it was not too bad. Nothing like a mattress but way better than the standard floor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
have bedrug in mine mounted shelves on top and it is a rock solid fit. i'd say its roughly 1/2 way compressed.there's noico eighty in the ribs of the floor. i didnt want to use plywood flooring due to weight. i will use a factory floor matt over top trimmed to fit the shelves. good enough for my dual use van.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I need to trim the plastic interior panel up by the seat. The vanrug is taller than the clearance below the trim and floor, not much a belt sander will fix that easily.
I installed my VanRug a little while ago, but just got around to dealing with the two front panels. I removed them to install the rug. I was planning on trimming the panels, but decided to trim the rug instead. After putting the trim pieces back in place I was pleasantly surprised to discover a tiny "L" shaped cut already in the VanRug. This cut was exactly where the corner of the cutout needed to be to fit around the trim piece. I used scissors to make the cut.
IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1642.JPG

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I had a Bedrug in my pickup before last and it got a lot of abuse for 3 yrs.
It held up really well. A little pricey but a great product. I really liked it.
It is a pain to remove coarse, short dog hair and wood shavings though. Otherwise I recommend it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a van rug....On top of it I put a rubber mat since I will be hauling dogs (in crates) in training that will get muddy etc...Expensive but now my floor is done...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Coincidentally, I just got mine, then saw this thread. I haven't installed yet. My first impression just looking at it rolled up in the box is that the foam seems kind of flimsy, it's not as rubbery and tough as I'd expected, and it's pretty thin. I think it will work great as a generally comfortable floor for my camping and general gear hauling needs, but I can imagine putting extra rugs and mats down in spots to add cushioning. Overall it seems like a good value.

I'd had a 1/2" bircy plywood floor with 1/2" of polyiso foam under. The ply was way too slippery for a van floor, so that's getting repurposed for some cabinets and panels.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Once it's installed, flattened out and the foam ribs mate with the floor, I think you'll be impressed with how solid it feels.
I remember thinking the same thoughts when the one for my pickup bed arrived. Once it was in, it was solid. Especially for foam and carpet.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Avoid short, coarse, fish hook like dog hair and sawdust wood shavings.
Mine held up to a lot of abuse, but those 2 things were a Bish to get out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts