Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Order new PM last week.Now I will wait.Not new to vanning but excited about newly engineered type of van.Have a 2003 Dodge ram van I bought new and have had a great time traveling the U.S.in. It Has only 70k on it,But new wheels will be fun to travel in.I have had a van of some sort since high school (almost 50 years ago,time flies)First was a VDubb and a lot of varieties since.
Happy PM trails

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi and welcome.

From what most who have ordered say, it will be quite a wait. But worth it! The PM is a great van!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome. My first van was a VW Westfalia I really appreciate it now back then didn't know what I had still my favorite van of all time my PM closing fast though.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,530 Posts
My first new car was a 1972 Dodge Tradesman Van that I quickly converted into a camping van, pretty much before anyone was doing that.

Our first summer we did a 7000 mile, one month trip from CT to St. Louis to Dallas to New Orleans to the Florida Keys, to Disney World, to Atlanta, to Washington, back to CT!

Gas was 28 cents, campgrounds were about $10 a nite... total cost of the trip for two was just under $400 :D

Boy do I miss that red shag rug >:D

Enjoy,
Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Makes me wonder if everyone on this forum was just born a "van guy". My car dealer friend thinks the Promaster is the ugliest thing on wheels :eek: (as do some car reviewers and others), but I think it is a thing of beauty! :x (OK, the low roof ones look better in all brands, but I'm learning to love the long tall PM) Personally, I think the tall ford is just goofy looking.. MB pretty OK, but all diesel.
I too have owned Vans forever; 3 Ford homebuilt Vans, Ford Sportsmobile, 3 Chevy Astros, and now a Dodge. I loved them all.

(congrats to you Fanquest)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Makes me wonder if everyone on this forum was just born a "van guy". My car dealer friend thinks the Promaster is the ugliest thing on wheels :eek: (as do some car reviewers and others), but I think it is a thing of beauty! :x (OK, the low roof ones look better in all brands, but I'm learning to love the long tall PM) Personally, I think the tall ford is just goofy looking.. MB pretty OK, but all diesel.
I too have owned Vans forever; 3 Ford homebuilt Vans, Ford Sportsmobile, 3 Chevy Astros, and now a Dodge. I loved them all.

(congrats to you Fanquest)
I think you are on to something. I am pretty sure I was made in a van of some sort, most likely one with flowers and peace signs all over it. Van on!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,530 Posts
(OK, the low roof ones look better in all brands, but I'm learning to love the long tall PM) Personally, I think the tall ford is just goofy looking..
I beg to differ. I really like the look of my Hi roof 159WB graphite (now a window van) PM!

To my eye the low roof PM is OK, the low roof Transit is downright UGLY.... the window panel tapers and it looks like the van just slipped out of a crusher, half-squished!

IMHO, of course :D

Ed

·
Registered
121 Posts
First was a 64 Econoline cargo with red and gold flocked wallpaper, I don't remember the color of the shag rug, no flowers or peace signs outside because I was keeping a low profile while I slept in it while I was going to the U of W. Next was the 88 Toyota the most reliable of all my vehicles except maybe my Nissan Leaf. But I could fix most things on the Econoline with a crescent wrench and a hammer.The Toyota has over 260k on it and still runs well but I don't take it back in the woods anymore but like the Econoline and VWs it would be a death trap in an accident. The Promaster should be safer and offer a higher standard of living for my later years.
I think people that are attracted to vans are a little different.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
I beg to differ. I really like the look of my Hi roof 159WB graphite (now a window van) PM!

To my eye the low roof PM is OK, the low roof Transit is downright UGLY.... the window panel tapers and it looks like the van just slipped out of a crusher, half-squished!

IMHO, of course :D

Ed
100% correct Ed!:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts