Ram Promaster Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
What is the "bead board" material that you chose, and why did you use it? Did you like it?

AMAZING job on your build. Very beautiful.

What did you use to make the black mountainscape scene?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Update from the road: Currently in Provo, UT having Vaniel looked at by the dealer for some weird ignition/dash electrical issues. More of an annoyance than anything but want to have it looked at while still under warranty. I hope it has nothing to do with the powered sub or battery doctor because that is the only stuff I hooked up to the van's system.

Here are some tips I have learned along the way!
1. Don't buy the cabinet/drawer push latches that I used. The lock and catch must be installed to within a 1/32" tolerance or they just don't function properly. The van moves/settles/thermally expands and contracts.....no bueno. I took the catches off and installed HD magnets, and all is well.
2. Taste the "potable" water before filling your tank. Nuff said :)
3. Most 12v fridges with the small icebox are prone to ice buildup. Fridge needs to be emptied, turned off and defrosted every so often. Plan on tackling this while you have access to a friend's fridge or cooler.
4. Chemical toilet has worked great for #1 and #2 has been absolutely no problem. My shovel or 24hr walmart is always within reach. I am glad I didn't spend the money on a composting toilet.
5. Finish your build thread BEFORE hitting the road because you will be having WAY too much fun to do it later!

The build has been performing flawlessly so far. Nothing I wish I would have done differently.

Upcoming destinations include: Moab UT, Red Rock NV, AZ, SoCal and then the Baja Peninsula! Check the instagram to see what we are actually up to since Lisa is way better at keeping up with the tech stuff than I am.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Also this:
http://www.damnvaniel.com/vaniel-hello-swfl/

We were interviewed by a local news outfit in Florida a while ago. By no means are we trying to be insta-famous or make $$ off vanlife but it was pretty fun to do.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nomers , have you hit up Bodie State historic park ? Fun old ghost town . On a dirt road #270 . My daughter and I road the dirt bike there , the rangers liked our "style".
If you go south to Bishop check out the Bristlecone pine forest , 4k year old trees . East of Bishop . A lot of ghost towns in the area .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
@MsNomer Trying to get to Moab by 10/12. Are you still going to be in the area?

Update on electrical/warranty issue: Stuck in SLC at the moment. The Provo, UT dealer is replacing the battery and ignition switch. They have the battery in stock, but not the ignition. The service rep told me that part is on order and 3-5 business days away. I asked if they could expedite the shipping of the ignition part but they said no because it has to be manufactured. I'm calling BS lol. You are telling me that they make replacement parts for the Promaster one by one as needed? Yeah right. Anyways, at least it will be free.

In the meantime, we are still driving/living in the van. The switch on the Battery Doctor that allows a manual connection of house/starting batteries has really saved our butts!

101 - 109 of 109 Posts