Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Transit forum, with a cross post to the Sprinter forum.

I'm not the organizer, so I only know what what you see. Q should be on the Transit forum I think.

Some Ford Transit vans will meet at Lake Chabot and invite anybody interested.

WHEN: Sunday November 17, noon- 4pm

WHERE:
Lake Chabot Marina parking lot ($5 entry-parking)
https://goo.gl/maps/y4u32CF3dUQ1Fz9q9
https://www.ebparks.org/civicax/file...x?BlobID=24139
On I-580 take Fairmont Drive Exit and go North - East
Entry to Lake Chabot parking lot is after ~ 2 miles on left.

WHO:
All campervans, owner or professional conversions, Ford, Dodge, Sprinter etc

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
We went to the NorCal Sprinter gathering last month and had a great time. It was irrelevant that we were in a PM until they ooohed and awwwed over our transverse bed. ;) If we were going to be nearby, we would certainly go to this one.

I‘d love to see similar such gatherings For PM'ers.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A pretty small group. A couple examples of each brand. Notable items were a Lagun table that when the top was removed became a cabinet door. Keeping the hardware attached to the "cabinet door" made it quick to convert. There was also a Sprinter with a cargo box, sporting an elevator bed that rose to the roof, leaving lots of head room.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry no photos. The key to it working is that the vertical parts stay attached to the wall and the horizontal parts (including arm) stay attached to the cabinet door/table top.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
As a cabinet door, I'm guessing that the table with mounting plate and arm gets stored inside the cabinet - it would take up some space though. Then again, sounds like a good place to stash it, sight unseen. And probably close to the table location for setup.

This spot for storage has worked out well for us. Ready for quick deployment

The post section stays in place by the door and serves as an additional "assist handle"

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for organizing this. It was pretty close to my home so very easy to attend. I am pretty much always open to going to a van meet.

As usual, I brought along some example van electrical systems for people to look at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts