Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking and have found several used units with anywhere from 10-30K on them and they are all obviously pretty clean. The problem I have is that I have been unable through Kelley Blue book, Edmunds or NADA to find any used prices on these to make sure that the dealer is in line for what they want. Has anyone found a site that is currently showing used values of the Promaster? It is weird they will show 2014 RAM pickups but nothing at all for the van...

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
It's because it's a new model. The used book value is just not available yet. Soon it will pop up on one of the sites you listed. Should be soon now that we have pricing for the 2015's.

The dealer will list it for whatever he wants. I just tried to purchase a used 159 high roof and the dealer wouldn't budge. His out the door price was more than other dealerships would do for a new one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's because it's a new model. The used book value is just not available yet. Soon it will pop up on one of the sites you listed. Should be soon now that we have pricing for the 2015's.

The dealer will list it for whatever he wants. I just tried to purchase a used 159 high roof and the dealer wouldn't budge. His out the door price was more than other dealerships would do for a new one.
Yeah, I kind of figured that was the case but since the 2015 pricing had been released I was hoping some authority would have put a used price on these. I've found a 2014 with 13K on it for $24,995 but would like to have a leg to stand on in bargaining. They have been sitting on this thing for at least a month and a half...

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
What model is it? If you have the VIN you can check the build date. That way you can see just how long they have had it. A month and a half is not long at all. A lot of dealers have been sitting on Promasters for 4-5 months or more.

I have negotiated with several dealers. Some will discount. Some won't discount at all. You just need to get your offer in and walk out if they don't meet your price. Perhaps you should go today since it's the end of the month..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right. Sorry, I forgot you said it was used. If it's a high roof I'd say the pricing is in line with all other advertised prices for NEW. If it's low roof then they are way too high.
Yes sorry I should have mentioned low roof. My thinking is around $22K...does that sound around fair? They are like 85 miles from me so I am not going to drive all that way on a wild goose chase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wow...where did you find that one??? For that price I might consider white LOL!

Yes, I would certainly have a frank discussion before heading out to see them (2hr drive) and warn them to not waste my time.

However...I have found that dealers list a price based on every discount possible! I had one that listed a brand new PM for $26K but that was only if I qualified for veterans rebate, graphics rebate, upfit rebate, lease rebate and loyalty rebate. With the few that I did qualify for we ended up at $29K...despicable pricing tactics if you ask me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sent them a price quote request and told them "no BS..best price and I don't want to hear I don't qualify for discounts". I will try to follow up with what I hear back. Thanks for the info and sticking with the thread!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts