Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I've long been considering buying a new PMC wagon but I haven't been able to convince myself to buy one.

I ran across a used 2015 silver PMC SLT wagon for $11k but it has 129k miles on it. It looks to be in very good condition, one owner and the carfax reports says that it has been regularly maintained with frequent oil changes, tire rotations, coolant replacement ect. and has not had any major mechanical issues that have been reported anyway. I know 129k is a lot of miles but any well maintained modern engine should last at least 250k before any major work in needed.

If I was to buy a new one I was going to trade in my Tacoma, but if I decide to buy this one I'll just keep my truck and use this as a second vehicle primarily for camping.

Do you think it is worth the risk to buy this high mileage van or do you think I'm just asking for trouble with this thing becoming a money pit?

Scott

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
129K is NOT a lot of miles. I regularly buy such vehicles as we tend to drive 8K a year or so per vehicle (we have 5) and in even 10 years of that I often get 200-240K and see no serious problems. For camping it should last almost indefinitely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts