Ram Promaster Forum banner

US source for arm rests?

15K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Nurse Ben 
#1 ·
I found armrest kits for both sides on UK sites, anyone find a source here in the US?

#3 ·
Both seats? Both sides?
Mine only came with the drivers right side. I'd like to put one on the passenger left side.

I don't think you can put them on the drivers left and passengers right because of the airbags?

#16 ·
The package that gives you the armrest (away from the door only due to airbags on the other side) is 6 way lumbar seat. Mine has both driver and passenger lumbar and both have armrests.

#17 ·
Armrest available at dealer

My PM only came with the armrest on driver right side only. I do not have lumbar but as I remember we talked about this before and found there was no rime or reason why some have it and some don't.... I read the dealer the riot act and they ordered arm rests for me. I got them to get me three so I can install armrest both sides driver and passenger. The passenger left works for driver left and the driver right works for passenger right. So if you like you can have right and left for both driver and passenger.

When I opened up the passenger seat to install the armrest I found there was no mounting plate. I'm going to fab some sandwich plates so I can mount the armrest on both side of driver and passenger. So if you don't mind building you own mounting plates you can just order the armrest from the dealer or probably Mopar. The sandwich plate will be very simple to make in aluminum flat bar. Only tools required would be chop saw and drill.

I have no idea what they cost because the dealer gave them to me for free. The dealer said it was a FCA screw up and that they probably ran short on armrests when they built my PM. If you don't have an armrest on the passenger seat make your dealer order one for you for free!

When I looked at the door side on both driver and passenger side I found as I expected the the airbag smack dab in the way. I'm gong to toss the seat mounted airbags and mount the armrests. As far as I know the seat airbags are not mandatory. The PM has the side curtain airbag so I'm not to worried about removing the seat airbag, especially given all the defects in airbags these days.

If you want a laugh open up your seat and read the warning label on the airbag. It states that they can cause serious injury or death. It also says not to put your arm in front of the airbag. So this means that if you rest your are on the door armrest pad and the bag goes off it would probably break your arm!

Cheers,

Dave

#18 ·
When I opened up the passenger seat to install the armrest I found there was no mounting plate. I'm going to fab some sandwich plates so I can mount the armrest on both side of driver and passenger. So if you don't mind building you own mounting plates you can just order the armrest from the dealer or probably Mopar. The sandwich plate will be very simple to make in aluminum flat bar. Only tools required would be chop saw and drill.
When you do it, some pictures would be greatly appreciated! I felt around on the passenger seat and noted that there did not seem to be a mounting plate. Your info confirms this. Wonder if the parts dept has a plate, or if the metal seat frame is different if you order lumbar.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.