Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the only post shows the usual dealer back log of parts.
So, after a couple years of owning this van, I can't believe nobody carries this part other than the dealer.
The replacement (right front) seems fairly easy except for not having the spring compressor.
Anyone replace one yet and know where (other than the dealer) to get the part?

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's (another) problem I have with my van also. The front end of my $40 van sounds like the $500 cars I drove in high school. Annoying crappy factory part.

·
Super Moderator
10,530 Posts
Actually I was searching for rear shocks a few days ago and I think I recall seeing the front struts listed on Amazon and RockAuto. I wasn't really looking for them so I didn't really pay much attention but I would suggest you keep looking or maybe contact Bilsteen or Monroe directly and see if they make them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I was searching for rear shocks a few days ago and I think I recall seeing the front struts listed on Amazon and RockAuto. I wasn't really looking for them so I didn't really pay much attention but I would suggest you keep looking or maybe contact Bilsteen or Monroe directly and see if they make them.
The upper bearing is not a part of the strut, it's the part that the upper part that the strut bolts to.
The quote from the dealership was $600 and on line the dealer part is only around $100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts