Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im upgrading from a 2008 Dodge Sprinter to a Promaster as soon as I get it back from the dealer after they find out and fix it. Its been in there 6 times in the last month and a half for various repairs due to it going into limp mode all the time. Theyve replaced multiple glow plugs, mutiple sensors and even the computer. The last time they said my DPF was clogged and that should fix it. Lasted less than 3 miles on the way home. I dont think they have a good Sprinter tech or the proper diagnostic equipment. I would have taken it to a Mercedes dealer for replair but my warranty is with Dodge. I loved the van but now am afraid of it with less than a year left on the warranty.
Im a contractor and retired Fire Lt that does mostly cabinets and closet systems (like the Ca Closets but better). I used to do houses and additions, when over to doing just kitchens and bathrooms, now just cabinets and closets.
I drove both the Promaster and the Ford Transit. Not impressed by the Ford and like the Promaster. Id like a Peomaster that is not white although the color is not a dealbreaker. Hopefully I get my Sprinter back soon and its totally fixed so I can sell it.
Fred

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Welcome fellow CT'er !

I'm in CT and have had my PM for about a year and a half - gas version. Small recall issues, but I don't drive it a lot.

I bought Granite gray, but had to go to Bennington VT to find it and buy it. Executive in Wallingford does my service (mostly recall stuff) Slowly converting it to an "overnighter", but most of the insides is removeable, like when we needed to pickup a couch, two chairs, a coffee table and two end tables, (with plenty of room left over!)

Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice van, I'm looking at one at Executive now. I don't want to purchase from the place that is servicing my Sprinter. Not happy with them.
Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts