Ram Promaster Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,386 Posts
happy to see you @phil
I am not a spammer!!!
I am here to share my experience and learn something from you all.
In that case please make an introductory post before posting anymore.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Agreed generally, but the fanless bulbs have a far better heat-sink. Also, I'm not sure that anything is going to cool much in the contained space of the headlamp housing. I'm also in Florida and I run my headlamps at all times for safety.
Yes, you are probably running them longer than many people and in tough conditions. But still, the expected lifetime of an LED is so great that I would have thought they'd survive. Maybe it's the other components failing in the prolonged heat.

My usage would be much less. We have daytime running lights here and so mine would be used at night and I don't usually drive long distances in the dark. The ambient temps where I'd be traveling are lower too.

What did you replace them with? And how have those fared so far?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Recently, I have installed BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight, and I am happy with it. It is a 50W 6500K 8000 Lumens extremely bright LED headlight. A great product for the money.
Do you have PMC ? I'm happy , that I've Replaced all bulbs for LED on entire front of my vehicle. Head beams have been tested between 2 brands and have chousen one of the best out of two. Did not touch Hi beams , since it is very rear when it need to use. I may replace those, later one. What I have problems now : with all rear lights. Main problems is to balance resistance of the factory bulbs to be matched with LED ones? The Power module controler - is very sensitive to the resistance of each bulb on the rear. I've chosen to purchaser very well selected bulbs from Amazon. Not the cheap ones. Each of those ; has the latest Can Bus Eror Message Cancellation , micro board installed inside. That did not help! Even purchased 6 Ohm resistors and instaled between Ground and Signal Wire. Only have mannaged to eliminate the "Bulb out" warning message on instrument panel ; for Rear Turn Left and Right Signal . I keep working on that project. Mechanic in the electric A motive shop , has recommended to measute of each factory bulb , goes on the rear , and match resistance of LED with resistor together. I'm weighting for Pothenciometers delivery. Amazon Has problems now. i would be glead ; if someone who has done it to share their experianse with me ? My next project on My 2015 PMC is Fog Lite. I'd like to get the most Brightest for those. I've seen on Motorcycle guys, on freeway ; you can cee those one mile out ! Was impressed with performance they do. Hapened to ask on the parking , next to the store in one guy what brand they used to install ? He has mentioned of couple with me. It turns out the LED Ion type of bulbs are the brightest yellow color at this day.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts