Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my order today, $1,000 off is in terms of an upfitting allowance. First, I'm not sure that is spelled out in the signed paperwork in which case my bad for letting myself get hoodwinked by a car dealer. Or maybe it's not an issue (haven't bought new for a while).

The salesperson was vague (i.e. unfamiliar) with the ins and outs. Anyone here know the fine print? In response to my questions, he said it was for purchases within 30 days of delivery and receipts had to have my VIN on them. Huh? So if I buy aftermarket plug-in shelving as in my faithful Econoline and then plug it in, my VIN has to be on the receipt. I'm not following, as it is pretty clear that this rebate/allowance is for stuff like shelving.

It would be sweet if I could apply funds to my larger fuel capacity quest--an improvement to make my new PM a suitable replacement for my Econoline.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The commercial fleet salesman I spoke with said the form the dealer fills out to reimburse you requires a tax ID number from your business. Found some posts here also, links below.

For the issue of your larger gas tank considered an "upfit" that would be covered for the rebate, I would ask the dealership person authorizing the rebate in-house and have them send you an email stating it would be covered, if they agreed it was a legit buy under the rebate program. If you do not own a business, I have read that getting a tax ID number is not that expensive. Some paperwork, a modest fee, and a few weeks to process it. I plan on starting a business soon and will likely go this route.

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-36329.html

http://www.neuwirthmotors.net/sites...ts/adops_on_the_job/pdf/2016_OTJ_Brochure.pdf

Hope it works out for you,
-G9

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forgot to say that the salesman gave me an example he knew of with a prior fleet customer where they bought DIY upfit supplies at home depot and the receipt was all the dealer needed to do the rebate paperwork.

·
Registered
221 Posts
receipts had to have my VIN on them
I have a business credit card (Chase Ink) that asks for a purchase order number, which will appear on the receipt, each time I use it. (Usually I say "no".) That number could be my VIN. Just an option . . . .

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tax number not required, home hobby business w/ business name registered in my State of residence worked for me - the IRS frowns on vanity/frivolous Tax IDs, a hobby business has to show taxable profit in three of five years is one IRS test prior to requesting a business Tax ID. I've probably driven 30,000 miles since 2004 to avoid freight charges when purchasing eBay salvage or lost freight items for resale but have never reached the volume of sales where I can show a paper profit. They accepted my credentials after finding my name/business in the mn.gov records. The parts discount for life is definitely worth the hassles!

One point in the fine print is/was an upfitters allowance agreement is to be formalized at the time of purchase contract signing - dealer may be in the habit of offering 30-days but I red-lined that part when the salesman started up with the 'we can do that later so quick write us the check' routine. Maybe they'll find time later to reimburse and maybe they won't?

·
Registered
174 Posts
We used our upfit for a logo wrap job on our PMC and our dealer paid the
company that did the graphics directly. They did not require us to use
a specific upfitter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Used my $1000 on a Fiamma awning. Just sent them a copy of the receipt and received a $1000 check. I do recall a 30 day time limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts