Ram Promaster Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is the correct model of Mate N Lok connector. I think there are multiple versions of pins that are suitable. I used this with no issues: AMP TE CONNECTIVITY 350552-3 MATE-N-LOK 20-14G CONTACT PIN.

With regard to the aux battery connector, some posters here have advised that there is sufficient slack to just clip off the existing end then you can use regular connectors easily sourced locally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
With regard to the aux battery connector, some posters here have advised that there is sufficient slack to just clip off the existing end then you can use regular connectors easily sourced locally.
There sure seems to be. My 2018 has a 70A fuse direct to this connector via 4 AWG that I plan to feed my Abso DC-DC converter with. I'll build a step in behind the seats which will also help me level the sloping midsection my wife's not a fan of, and hide a battery disconnect inside - may even be enough slack for that to connect directly.

For a cheaper/quicker alternative, anyone know of anything wrong with cutting the connector off and using some heat shrink around a crimped/soldered copper (like this) or mechanical brass butt splice like this?

The ground cable on mine just comes from a chassis bolt directly behind the starter battery box, so depending on your destination that may be a shorter ground run than the upfitter powerconn anyway, and there's space in the pillar to bolt a distribution block like this if you need multiple taps.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts