Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new guy here trying to figure out some stuff.

I read a bunch of threads about the Upfit Interface Connector and the usefulness of them. I do not have one on our new PM and i want the ease of installing new electronics down he road. Is it possible to add one and how difficult is it?
I have general electrical skills.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
blackyck,

The $35 Upfit Connector option provides 3 connectors behind the passenger seat

1) 12V 50A always on power connector- nice but not necessarily in a location where it's very useful. It would be more useful behind the drivers seat, but... Plus, you have to get a rather hard-to-find set of pins to connect to it.

2) a 6 pin radio speaker connector - useful, but not too hard to get the connections behind the radio. Some here have used this, others have just connected behind the dash.

3) a 15 pin connector basically provided for RV builders. signals for adding power door locks on your RV doors, 12V power on with key (but you need a relay to use it), etc. Not very useful for most DIYers.

I have the option on my PM. For me, probably worth about $35, not much more. I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there. They could have provided some really useful stuff there, but

... and I'm guessing that they would have differences in the wiring harness, so probably not easy to replicate. Probably easier to just wire up connections as you need them.

Welcome... enjoy your PM!
Ed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow great tips!
Exactly what I needed. I can modify to what I need without that part.

Many thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts