Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There appears to be a way to unlock all doors at the same time, instead of front doors then back doors. I read in the manual about the process and it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

2014 PM

·
Registered
765 Posts
2014 Owner's Manual 4th Edition:

Press and release the UNLOCK button on RKE transmitter
once to unlock only the front doors. Press and release
the CARGO UNLOCK button on RKE transmitter once to
unlock the cargo area (rear lateral sliding doors and rear
door). The turn signal lights will flash to acknowledge
the unlock signal.

It'd be nice not to have to wait the eternity between front/back cycles, it's all stop until that second click works...

·
Super Moderator
10,684 Posts
It is a pita! No one to my knowledge has managed to do this with the factory key fob but I think aftermarket systems are capable to it. Someone here has added an aftermarket remote that accomplishes this if I recall.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
It is a pita! No one to my knowledge has managed to do this with the factory key fob but I think aftermarket systems are capable to it. Someone here has added an aftermarket remote that accomplishes this if I recall.
I did... and you saw it at our get together in NH a few months back. ;)

The key (pun intended) is to remotely use the center console all-lock/all-unlock button wiring to connect to a cheap keychain remote control. My setup also allows you to lock the van with the engine running, because the aforementioned button does it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did... and you saw it at our get together in NH a few months back. ;)

The key (pun intended) is to remotely use the center console all-lock/all-unlock button wiring to connect to a cheap keychain remote control. My setup also allows you to lock the van with the engine running, because the aforementioned button does it.
Hey Eddie, did you install an aftermarket alarm when you did the all unlock/lock setup on another key fob?

I haven't done an aftermarket alarm on a vehicle in a long time since most modern cars all come with key fobs for the doors and some kind of factory cheapo alarm, but the thought has crossed my mind about setting up an alarm on the van. It would need to be silent when locking or unlocking (no chirping) for late at night type operation. Anyone else have feedback of an alarm on their camper?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,709 Posts
My lock/unlock remote has no outside chirps.... I often think about adding that feature so I know if it's locked or unlocked when I walk away from the van and press the remote button. As with the button on the dash, the single button serves as lock and unlock.

If it did chirp, adding a no chirp switch would be handy when using the van for camping!

No alarm on my setup. Seems someone here did have an aftermarket alarm installed with remote lock/unlock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts