Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 Winnebago Travato built on a promaster 3500 diesel chassis and engine. This vehicle has done its best to kill me twice so far. The engine cuts out, first when doing 60mph and the second time when coming off the freeway exit. The breaks lock and the dealers claim to have never heard of such a thing. After returning home from the death defying trip, a promaster defect notice was issued talking about all kinds of electrical issues including break locking and a vast array of other things -but there is no fix. So, I filed an NTSB complaint. Between the Winnebago issues and the promaster issues you need to run from this vehicle. Remember Fiat ? Remember all of those vehicles with all of those problems . Well, guess who owns Chrysler Dodge, yup, Fiat. If you are looking for customer service, keep on moving away from these folks

·
Super Moderator
10,179 Posts
You seem to be the only one with these problems. For your own peace of mind you should trade it in for a Sprinter. Then you will understand why people buy Promasters!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Fiat of the old is not Fiat of the new/present. Sorry to hear of your issue. There is nothing worse then taking delivery of a new vehicle and having major problems. This is the first issue regarding a diesel or gas having the described problem as far as I know. Most who have the diesel have had flawless results with the exception of the CEL lights etc. but I think for the most part those have been fewer and farther between. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
There is a recall for the ignition switch which sounds like your problem. My notice mentions all the symptoms you have. Just get it done and you will be singing the praises of (Fix It Again) Tony! Don't over react on your first post it sounds Trollee.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Are you guys saying that ProMasters have the ability to lock brakes (assume that was what he meant by breaks) on its own without the driver pressing the brake pedal? And that it can be caused by a bad ignition switch?

I know some cars can stop on their own to avoid a collision, but didn't recall PMs having that built in.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Yup EVSC. Electronic Vehicle Stability Control activates the brakes to avoid rolling or whatever when the driver is not competent to drive. Don't think I have activated mine yet but I am old and feeble minded enough to perhaps need it!?!
Why are you wasting time on the forum...... go get the Travato fixed before it hurts you!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts