Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my PM 2500 today and after setting up various options (ie date, time, radio adjustments and station pre-sets etc...) and everything working great then the screen went blank. No rear camera or radio visual on screen anymore. Hitting the screen off/on button in the upper left hand corner does nothing. The radio still works fine just screen visual not working, :confused: anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yesterday when the screen went blank I tried getting it back to no avail. Thought about it over night and decided to pull the fuse for the radio thinking that maybe if the power was cut completely and then reconnected after a minute that just maybe whatever gremlin was at fault would leave me alone after the radio "reboot". Don't know if my idea had any merit because when I moved my PM out of the way for my wife before I could try it everything was back working has it should! :D That was an easy fix :cool: lol..... Fingers crossed.......

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had my screen go out once. Tried shutting it off & restarting, shifting into reverse, turning it on & off ....nothing worked. Got home & read the manual for some sort of answer & found nothing. Went back out & started it up and screen was back to normal....this was at about 600 miles, now at 4000 & it`s only happened once.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This happened to me once. I believe it was because of my phone being paired with it. I was also playing music thru my phone and the media option on the radio. Once I disconnected from my Bluetooth the screen came back on and everything rebooted.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Happened to me twice this summer, when starting the van.

The first time, I restarted the vehicle and the screen came back. It happened again last week and, this time, it took a couple of restarts.

I think we have another issue, here. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
same thing here..last saturday.. drove about 200 miles with out a radio screen and shut the van off for about 4 hours, then it started working again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Console Screren Quit

Same thing on my PM2500 at 1750 miles on odometer. Turned vehicle off to get gas and when it was started up again no console screen. Radio still on but no active display. No backup camera, etc. After driving it for a while, stopped again and turned off ignition, waited a few minutes, and when it was fired back up, the display started working again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Software Issues?

Happened to me twice. I've also had the radio & display come on at random all by itself. The volume knob would control the sound level but would not turn the radio or the console display off. Shutting off the engine still left the display and radio on (the optional radio off-delay is set to zero). Turning the engine back on after a few seconds caused a 'reset' and things started working again. This hints of some bigger system-level software issues.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I had this problem also...radio on, but screen was black. I don't have the firmware update, but worried this will be a problem in future ...when warranty runs out. Same thing, not working. Stopped van, then 20 minutes later it worked again.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
I had this problem also...radio on, but screen was black. I don't have the firmware update, but worried this will be a problem in future ...when warranty runs out. Same thing, not working. Stopped van, then 20 minutes later it worked again.
I didn't happen again, but I mentioned it to the dealer and it is written on a service invoice. Could be useful if it goes black forever after warranty.

I would think that this thread could also provide some leverage, as we are a few that mentioned that problem well before warranty expiration.

But it's probably just a software glitch, no one had "a gone forever screen" so far.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
I am pretty sure that their is a specific event that triggers that (rare) problem.

Just pure speculation:The 2 times it happened was when I shifted from "P" to "R" maybe too fast, being in the "small craft warning" mode (kiters and windsurfers know what I mean ;) )

·
Registered
119 Posts
I too had this happen only once at perhaps 1,000 miles. I too had it self correct on the next start. I have the XM radio and I was wondering if the XM was simply doing a software update like my cell phone does on occasion? Do the rest of you folks who experienced this have XM? (it might update an XM head unit even if you do not have it activated?) Knowing the dates this happened might tell us something if they line up, but who remembers that? Just a wild guess on my part but experience tells me real problems rarely self correct.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have the Uconnect 5.0 radio with the factory backup camera but I DO NOT have XM !

Ive never experienced what you guys have yet and im wondering if its only happening to vans with the optional XM?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the Sirius option. I can't say I've had the dead screen issue, but I did have a day a few weeks ago that the Sirius quit working for a few hours. All of the other radio functions were working properly. I just figured maybe it was problem with the Sirius network.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Me too! Just got my PM in Feb and it's happened 6 or more times. Usually listening to XM radio when it happens.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
I have the Uconnect 5.0 radio with the factory backup camera but I DO NOT have XM !

Ive never experienced what you guys have yet and im wondering if its only happening to vans with the optional XM?
I don't have the XM option. Happened twice last summer, didn't happen again. But It is true that I didn't use my PM much this winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Blank Screen issue

Just picked up my PM 2500 today and after setting up various options (ie date, time, radio adjustments and station pre-sets etc...) and everything working great then the screen went blank. No rear camera or radio visual on screen anymore. Hitting the screen off/on button in the upper left hand corner does nothing. The radio still works fine just screen visual not working, :confused: anyone else experience this?

Timmer,

I had this same problem. It would happen occasionally when I first got my PM 2500 as well. It seems to me it went away since all the recalls and flashes were done. It has not reproduced the problem for some time now. If it does it again I'm gonna ask for a replacement unit. It is frustrating when it happens. I found when it occurred, just turning off the ignition and restarting solved the problem.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts