Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to purchase a low mile used 159 PM blank canvas. I came across a nice window van but there are so many windows. Though I'm not planning for that much cabinetry I'd love to dispense with those rear quarter windows. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
10,196 Posts
Actually a window van is probably better. Softer rear springs I bet! Easy enough to just cover the windows over from the inside (black paint, etc) and build right over them.

I had a Sprinter window van and I had all kinds of cabinets in it from full height wardrobes to uppers. Don't let windows stop you for a second.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One other question: how high off the floor are stock side windows as I've been contemplating a high platform bed in the back?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hal, as an FYI if you want to cover up some of the windows, yet still allow a view from inside...
If your van happens to be white : ) you might look into having a window tint shop put on the White Perforated Vinyl. You've probably seen it on delivery rigs? White on the outside, yet you can see out from inside (looks like a dark window tint from inside looking out). I'm having my PM cargo van's slider and rear windows wrapped with the stuff this tuesday... if i remember i'll post an after shot here.

Thom

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,539 Posts
HC,

I blacked out my rear door windows by making a 1/4" plywood cutout the shape of the window. I covered it with black felt and it just looks like black glass from the outside.

I also did this to black out the back 24" of the rear side windows to provide privacy for the toilet/dressing area.... works great and very inexpensive!

If you are getting a 2014, the window tint is a bit lighter (like I have!), from 2015 on, FCA used a darker grey tint on the glass side and rear windows.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just love my 360 degree view. I lay in bed and dream of outer space.
I have Reflectix with Velcro if I need privacy but with just the tint nobody can see in.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
HC,

I blacked out my rear door windows by making a 1/4" plywood cutout the shape of the window. I covered it with black felt and it just looks like black glass from the outside.

I also did this to black out the back 24" of the rear side windows to provide privacy for the toilet/dressing area.... works great and very inexpensive!

If you are getting a 2014, the window tint is a bit lighter (like I have!), from 2015 on, FCA used a darker grey tint on the glass side and rear windows.
My van came with windows on the rear doors which I didn't want. I ended up applying some leftover Noico (sound dampener) to the inside of the window, then applying polyiso with great stuff. My van is black so the windows completely disappear into the van exterior. For a non black van I would guess doing the same but adding the vinyl perforated wrap would make them more stealth from the outside if that's the look you want.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
the White Perforated Vinyl on side slider and rear door windows is installed and looks nice : )
The view from cab out slider or rear looks similar to looking out a tinted window.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts