Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have current information about the availability of ULSD in Baja Mexico? I know that they were supposed to have it in all Pemex stations by the end of 2018, but the courts gave them an extension, and as of 3 days ago, Pemex is requesting an indefinite extension. Most of the posts I see are at least a year old. Don't want to take my 2016 Diesel to Mexico until I can be sure I can get ULSD. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
From another forum for what it is worth:

"I found the post from Ed White on Baja Pony Express that I mentioned earlier. Take it for what it's worth but he has been testing diesel in Baja for years.

The question whether there is Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) on the Baja gets raised on a regular basis, so here is the latest information, from the go-to person on the web who has followed the subject for more than 10 years. The entire Baja now has ULSD, EVERY station from top to bottom. This situation has existed since late in 2017. I was in the Southern Baja (Los Barriles) for almost 6 months over the winter and for the first time ever there were ZERO sulfur-in-fuel problems reported anywhere on the Baja. My own 2016 diesel truck didn’t throw a single fuel related trouble code all winter. In March of 2018 I had diesel fuel from a station in Los Barriles tested at a lab in the USA – it was ULSD. Previous lab tests on fuel from the Northern Baja also confirmed that fuel as ULSD. In addition to the Baja, almost all of Mexico has been pumping ULSD since April of 2018, in advance of the final date for conversion, which is Dec 31/18. The days of sulfur-in-fuel issues in Mex appear to be over. Ed White"

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Buy from a station you trust. They still make high sulfur diesel for the marine trade. And the cartel will sell any thing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have purchased fuel from Pemex stations to pickup truck with gas cans in Baja and have never recieved bad fuel anywhere.
We end up in remote places with our gas and diesel vehicles and never have problems including my daughters late model Sprinter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts