Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 2500 Ram 136" wheelbase Promaster. Dual sliding doors, and windows in the rear cargo doors. Only 25000 kms.
Unique design concept focused on a couple things: keeping the electrical system simple but could be expanded on in the future if desired, and being able to store his/hers SUP/windsurf boards and gear inside the van without impeding in the living space. (Twin board storage is achieved behind the Kitchen lower and upper cabinets.)
Full size double bed. His/hers captain chairs. (Passenger chair is on a swivel.) Unique style Porcelain water jug naturally keeps water cool and offers zero maintenance versus conventional pumps, water lines freezing etc, no additional 12V system drain.
Simple 12 Volt house battery system coupled with a battery doctor charges off of the factory upgraded 220 amp alternator. 2000W puresine inverter provides 120v power for all your possible 120v needs. Induction hotplate. Maxxair fan. Potlights that can change and fade through a variety of colors. Tons of luggage, tools and/or extra gear storage under the bed.
Completely sprayfoamed, all Maple plywood, Indestructible vinyl plank flooring.

Ultra cool, very stealth setup, professionally built to a very high standard. Some final touches to be added, I'm testing the waters to gauge interest and possible future builds.

Call if serious and have the finances. 62K Canadian
Ron @ 416 7356553
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,663 Posts
Aesthetics are stunning!

What is the finish on the kitchen cabinet—it appears to be reflective?

No fridge?

Tell us more about the water dispenser. What holds it in place? You say ceramic, but it looks like pottery.

Your entire scheme is so close to my build that you might want to check mine out for future reference. For example, drawers under the bed would be an easy addition and a huge convenience.

Best of luck to you.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
I'm new to this whole Van life scene, so like i said, I'm testing the waters.
We'll see!!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kitchen doors are a high gloss finish which gives them a reflective finish to them. The whole design theme was beach (Obvious I hope!)
The water jugs proper category may in fact be pottery instead of ceramic as stated. (One in the same?) Its stored below during long trips for safety and it is held in place because it sits in a routed out inner circle on the base, so theres a lip around the entire jug.

The fridge is still in the works, I'm batting around a few options. We're leaning towards a dometic on the floor on the passenger side next to the bed. It would be stowed in a custom wood maple vented box with a lifting lid and this would double as a bench and a step in and out of the bed. Also, and maybe most importantly, a cold bevy could be reached from outside the van:) This was also why we put the electrical panel where we did.

The sliding doors under the bed were my choice in lieu of drawers only because I do a lot of contracting/carpentry, so it has tools and construction supplies accessed from the back 80% of the time instead of clothes, camping gear etc. When camping, they do work well for suitcases though, as opposed to packing/unpacking drawers.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,663 Posts
Yes, obvious and very peaceful.

Please rethink that jug, especially if you’re selling to someone else. Even a minor collision on a "short" trip and someone could die.

Our first trip, before we got out of town, we learned what sudden braking from 30mph could do even without a collision. I suspect that would be plenty to send that jug flying.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, again, as I stated above, we lift it off the base and stow it in the cabinet below when underway. It serves functionally and aesthetically superior in my humble opinion to most other options we've looked at.
Thanks

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,663 Posts
I was reacting to "Its stored below during long trips for safety…". Glad you store it on short trips, too. :). It is really attractive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice build. I like the SUP storage area. I will have snowboards and bikes primarily in my 159". And a Onewheel! Best transportation ever.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man, I was wondering if anyone would recognize the Onewheel in the pics!
Cheers, all the best

1 - 11 of 11 Posts