Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My UConnect (with dead GPS and intermittent screen blackouts) was replaced under warranty yesterday. I've noticed some improvements over the old unit, in addition to having a working GPS now. The screen has better visibility in full sun than the old unit, and the backup camera video is clearer. It has much better support for my non-smart phone. The old UConnect provided speakerphone function only. The new one can download my address book & recent call list, so now I can actually use the voice-control dialing from UConnect. The bluetooth pairing is more reliable too.

My only disappointment is that it won't play mp3 files from a USB stick that works fine with my computer. Not sure what file(s) on the USB are causing the read failure in the UConnect.

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
That is the only one that connects to the uconnect I think! The other one is for charging only.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Using the port next to the steering column. I tried another USB stick (8GB, different make). Works fine. The working USB has all songs (over 1000 of them) in one folder labelled "Music". The failing one has 2 folders with a few files in the root. The UConnect has an option to view "by folder" so I'd think that should not be the problem. Perhaps 16GB is too large for it? When I have more time I'll try reformatting the failing drive and try some other things. I'd be interested to hear how those of you with working USB have the things organized and size, make. The new one (that works) is a Lexar. Failing one is PNY.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,692 Posts
I use a 32G Sandisk that works fine, but...

... sometimes when I browse by album or artist, I get a read error after selecting a specific tune. Removing and reinserting the USB stick solves the problem.

When I use browse by folder, it works every time!

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts