Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working quite well for months using Bluetooth to connect my iPhone 5s to the Media inputs - all of a sudden it is not working. I have not upgraded my OS nor made any changes to the UConnect settings. It worked yesterday.

The display says: File Type not Recognized. Everything else works OK (Radio, Nav, Phone.) The phone is linked with Bluetooth, and the mp3 files in my phone do display the titles on the UConnect screen - they just don't play.

Any ideas? I will try turning the UConnect off and on a few times tomorrow, will reply if there is any change.

Annoying!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't have a smart phone, mine is just a Samsung penny flip phone. I have had a few times where it won't link. Even if you try to manually prompt it to link it just won't. It has always fixed itself within a day or so and gone back to working fine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Make sure that the iOS didn't update itself when it was synced to your computer. We connected an old iPod to sync it the other day and to did a software update without prompting me. It no longer works in my car.

If it really hasn't been updated then have each device "forget" the other one in the Bluetooth setup, then repair them and connect.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
After working quite well for months using Bluetooth to connect my iPhone 5s to the Media inputs - all of a sudden it is not working. I have not upgraded my OS nor made any changes to the UConnect settings. It worked yesterday.

The display says: File Type not Recognized. Everything else works OK (Radio, Nav, Phone.) The phone is linked with Bluetooth, and the mp3 files in my phone do display the titles on the UConnect screen - they just don't play.

Any ideas? I will try turning the UConnect off and on a few times tomorrow, will reply if there is any change.

Annoying!
I noticed a similar issue on mine with the USB stick. If you try to list the media on the stick, it lets you select but errors when trying to play. It works if you sort by folders.

If it happens, I just unplug the stick and reinsert. Annoying, yes.

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting via Bluetooth - a lot like pulling the stick.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts