Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People have a hard time hearing me when I'm talking on the phone via my Uconnect system. Has anybody else ran into this? Maybe a remote mic install?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same problem. Part of the problem with mine is its really loud with all my tools and whatnot rattling around in the back. That's one of the reasons I'm building that partition. Quiet this thing down a bit!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem. Part of the problem with mine is its really loud with all my tools and whatnot rattling around in the back. That's one of the reasons I'm building that partition. Quiet this thing down a bit!
Hmmm...what's the point of a Uconnect system if it doesn't work? Geez Ram, maybe put a mic by the driver at least.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a difficult time connecting to my phone to the system as well. Most days it takes about ten minutes before it automatically connects. Even then after it connects the voice commands never work right away. Usually takes a few tries to understand. Thing always thinks I need towing assistance! Then there are time where I'll make a call(after its been working fine) and the audio is pushed to the phone instead of the uconnect.
I miss the uconnect in my ram pickup. Worked perfectly 100% of the time.

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
My iPhone always pairs as soon as I get in the van but most people complain they have a hard time hearing me. The voice command has never worked well for me. I think it's a microphone problem. I have no idea where or what it us but it suxs!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I have a partition and when the windows are open they have a hard time understanding me
until I roll up the windows. If I say call "Ron" It will call "Dave" . Voice command is not
very good.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ah, different folks, different strokes...

Trying to remember the last time I wanted to call someone while I was driving... umm.. er... nope, don't recall. :)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Ah, different folks, different strokes...

Trying to remember the last time I wanted to call someone while I was driving... umm.. er... nope, don't recall. :)
Yes different. Use van for work ,daily driver, and camping. So I have to receive and
send phone calls at work (work out of my van).:)No phone calls while camping.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would love to be able to hook up a remote mic...any ideas?

I always have to shout for them to hear me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My wife had a Ford Escape a couple of years ago that suffered the same issue. The dealer installed a remote mic in another location and it working beautifully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts