Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Is it just me or shouldn`t a stereo on a new vehicle in 2015 be Sirius/XM compatible? Obviously, I didn`t have a choice when I purchased the van. Is there anything I can do other than buy an aftermarket sound system and or a Sirius/XM receiver? Also, I don`t need the Tom Tom Navigation. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you have the Uconnect or the single DIN unit? From the sounds of it, you have the Uconnect. The XM antenna is already installed (black rectangular box on the front roof of the van, this is also the GPS antenna as well), all you would need is the tuner which is usually free from XM when you purchase service.

The best solution is to remove the factory unit but there are some quirks when you do that. See post #47 here: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44433&page=5 If you can live with those quirks replacing the factory unit is the best solution IMO.

From what I have read the stock Uconnect is ready for XM and GPS it just requires a unit flash, but I dont think a dealer will do that FOC.

Good luck!

Reactions: Lance Torre
1 - 3 of 3 Posts