Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you smart people out there,

I'm hoping someone has looked into this and might have an idea how it works.

I would like to use the Uconnect 5.0 as a radio when my vehicle is not on and would like to have it connected to my house bank of batteries.(I don't need it to switch back and forth between battery banks, just stay on my house battery system.)

In the upfitters guide it alludes to this. Saying the connection is the upfitters responsibility and that the uconnect must be suitably isolated from the vehicle power supply.

I have not removed the radio yet to see how it is wired or how it is connected to the ignition system.

Has anyone tried this yet and if so how did it work?

I am concerned that even after doing this the radio will still try to power down after 20 minutes or so(Yes you can try to adjust some settings about powering down on the uconnect but it still shuts off unless you leave the key in the ignition which powers way to many other things in the vehicle).

I'm also concerned with creating all sorts of gremlins in the electrical/operating system that I haven't thought of. For example once isolated from the vehicle power supply will the use of the back up camera be affected?

I can always just use a separate car stereo wired to the rear speakers with a source selector switch but if connecting the uconnect to the aux power works I'd much rather keep it streamlined.

If I do this I'm assuming I will lose the ability to have the uconnect turn on and off with the ignition. I'm okay with that but is there a way around that?

I asked my dealer about it and they had no clue what the BC3 package was or that you even have a rear speaker output let alone that it talks about an aux battery to power the uconnect. I asked Chrysler and they told me to talk to the dealer. Maybe if someone knows the appropriate contact in Chrysler I could get more of an answer.

Best,

Matt

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Mat,

I can not help you on your technical question re U-Connect but, thank you for posting the question!

I would like to do the same setup. Did you get any feedback here or from other sources?

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,

I wish I had some answers to this question. It's been put on the back burner for my research. I will be revisiting it in another month or so. If I find any answers I will be sure to post them here.

Best,

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts