Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around but haven't found many others that have experienced random reboots of their uConnect 5.0 system in their PMC or other ProMasters. Dealer said they would look at it, but I can't get it to reboot on its own on demand. Of course, the issue started just after my warranty expired. I was trying to live with it as it seemed like a minor issue.. until it decided to reboot when I was on the interchange where 3 interstates joined up and I was on my own to find my exit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I read somewhere to check the battery....seems odd but it sounds like when the battery starts going it causes all kinds of problems. I am still trying to find out how I can attach a backup camera to my Uconnect 5.0..... Very hard to find good info with out going to the dealer & spend a small fortune..... Good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
When My battery started to go, the only indicator was that the interior lights would drain it dead; dead to the point of 'protective mode' which wouldn't let the thing shift gears. I charged it up and it'd run great until the next weekend when I had the doors open all day while I worked on the interior. It was suggested on this forum to have my battery tested. and away it went. It also melted my transmission cover under it, so check that, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's a software issue but you can't reload the upgrade. I tried the battery disconnect and even removed the unit and let it sit for a few hours. No change. I found a FIAT site that had newer upgrades that weren't showing up on the RAM site so I downloaded version 12 of the software and installed it. It fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Gang -

I recently (last week) purchased a 2015 RAM Promaster City with the UCOnnect 5.0 system. The thing reboots every 3 minutes.

Every. 3. Minutes.

I'm not seeing any updates/fixes on the RAM site. Help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts