Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched around but haven't found many others that have experienced random reboots of their uConnect 5.0 system in their PMC or other ProMasters. Dealer said they would look at it, but I can't get it to reboot on its own on demand. Of course, the issue started just after my warranty expired. I was trying to live with it as it seemed like a minor issue.. until it decided to reboot when I was on the interchange where 3 interstates joined up and I was on my own to find my exit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I read somewhere to check the battery....seems odd but it sounds like when the battery starts going it causes all kinds of problems. I am still trying to find out how I can attach a backup camera to my Uconnect 5.0..... Very hard to find good info with out going to the dealer & spend a small fortune..... Good luck

·
Registered
205 Posts
When My battery started to go, the only indicator was that the interior lights would drain it dead; dead to the point of 'protective mode' which wouldn't let the thing shift gears. I charged it up and it'd run great until the next weekend when I had the doors open all day while I worked on the interior. It was suggested on this forum to have my battery tested. and away it went. It also melted my transmission cover under it, so check that, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's a software issue but you can't reload the upgrade. I tried the battery disconnect and even removed the unit and let it sit for a few hours. No change. I found a FIAT site that had newer upgrades that weren't showing up on the RAM site so I downloaded version 12 of the software and installed it. It fixed the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Gang -

I recently (last week) purchased a 2015 RAM Promaster City with the UCOnnect 5.0 system. The thing reboots every 3 minutes.

Every. 3. Minutes.

I'm not seeing any updates/fixes on the RAM site. Help!
Did you connect an Android phone to it by any chance? I started experiencing the reboot thing shortly after my Nord n10 5G got a software update (I didn't pick up on the coincidence immediately.) After deleting the phone from UConnect, the reboot is gone. My wife's iPhone can connect without rebooting it (gonna take a while to live that down after badmouthing Apple for years...)

·
Registered
2017 PMC Wagon
49 Posts
I think there might be something in the OnePlus bluetooth software that the PMC does not work with properly, or the OnePlus software is not written to spec. OR - it could be that the PMC's software needs an update to work with the latest bluetooth standard.

My OnePLus 8T running Android 11 will not work with my PMC, but it works fine with my wife's Chrysler 300.

This has me leaning to the PMC being at fault, but I can't be sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section
It's a software issue but you can't reload the upgrade. I tried the battery disconnect and even removed the unit and let it sit for a few hours. No change. I found a FIAT site that had newer upgrades that weren't showing up on the RAM site so I downloaded version 12 of the software and installed it. It fixed the problem.
Hey, I'm having this same issue. I've read everywhere that its a software update that can be downloaded online and then uploaded onto a USB and input into the Promaster through the USB port next to the Uconnect system. Unfortunately when I go to the Uconnect web page, they say my system is up to date. Can you share the link you found that allowed you to download a different version of the software? Thanks so much! this is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what it's worth, I did figure out how to fix this with my OnePlus, it involved a Bluetooth setting that changed with the new version of Android. In my phone, it was in Settings->System->Developer Options: either Bluetooth AVRCP Version (set to 1.3), or Bluetooth MAP Version (set to 1.2). I don't recall which of those it was, but the reboot stopped happening as soon as I made that change. I found that on another Ram website by searching for "uconnect reboot bluetooth" or something like that. Good luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, I'm having this same issue. I've read everywhere that its a software update that can be downloaded online and then uploaded onto a USB and input into the Promaster through the USB port next to the Uconnect system. Unfortunately when I go to the Uconnect web page, they say my system is up to date. Can you share the link you found that allowed you to download a different version of the software? Thanks so much! this is driving me nuts!
Hello Mitchaklein,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you can send us PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

·
Registered
25 Posts
RamCares

I have a 2016 PMC with the Uconnect/Sat/Nav. A rare radio it seems according to the car-part.com database. Everything works fine except the SXM. I can get to the preview channel but it keeps cutting in and out and will not take a refresh signal from SXM. I too was hoping to reflash the software but Uconnect says I am up to date with no options. If I brick the unit reflashing it, I really have not lost much. Can you help?

·
Registered
139 Posts
RamCares

I have a 2016 PMC with the Uconnect/Sat/Nav. A rare radio it seems according to the car-part.com database. Everything works fine except the SXM. I can get to the preview channel but it keeps cutting in and out and will not take a refresh signal from SXM. I too was hoping to reflash the software but Uconnect says I am up to date with no options. If I brick the unit reflashing it, I really have not lost much. Can you help?
Wetwolf,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts