Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just had a few warning lights pop up on my dash. It's a 2015 2500 diesel with around 60k miles.

The engine code is U1518 and I'm also getting a warning for the exhaust temp on start up being low. After googling it appears that U1518 has to do with the transmission temp possibly? The ambient temperature sensor is reading improperly (it's been reading it from 30-60 degrees higher for about 9 months with no issues) so I'm not sure if that could be causing it. I plan on changing that already. I have the heated mirrors. Does that change which sensor I need?

Do y'all have any ideas on what it could be?

I'm already taking it in later this week for an oil change and to try to chase down an oil leak so I'll have them look at it then.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon further googling I think the code is just for a driver aid of some kind? I cleared it and it’s gone for now. Is it something that will just pop up for some reason?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
U1518-00-IMPLAUSIBLE AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SIGNAL RECEIVED
The temp sensor are the same, imbedded in the left mirror. You have to replace the whole mirror or do some cutting and gluing. Their are post about the sensor. PM OBD codes can be found here for gas or diesel. Some aren't in the list but most, I'm not perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts