Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Promaster 2500 high top, 159" WB, bought new in the spring of '14. I'm an artist living in the Kansas City area marketing my paintings at art shows from Houston to Miami to Chicago to etc. etc. 95% of the annual 12000 miles are highway, hauling roughly 50% of its useful load capacity. I installed various racks that hold display panels, frame work and covers of the display booth, a permanent crate behind the seats for large paintings and a solid floor that makes rolling six large crates in and out easy. Otherwise it's pretty much standard.
This is one great van: Stable on the open road, nimble in the tight confines of the typical art festival venue, low to the ground for easy loading, reliable, great gas mileage and simply fun to drive.
I would, however, prefer the cruise control buttons on the right side lower quadrant of the steering wheel and the phone switches on the left (generally similar to a Santa Fe layout) and a dash light next to the "cruise on" light that indicates if it is currently engaged. Also a redesign of the pesky sliding door handle mechanism would be appreciated. Otherwise, I couldn't be happier with my "Pro".

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome, it sounds like it is nearly perfect for you. I tend to get replacement vehicles every 10-15 years and always find I liked the previous one in some ways better. Time marches on. My biggest adjustment on this one is the downshifting transmission. I really dislike it doing that so I keep my diesel’s automated transmission in manual mode when heading down.

Reactions: Macchi202

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,530 Posts
Macchi,

regarding the cruise control. I added a Rostra aftermarket cruise kit. It looks just like the OEM one. The stalk is exactly the same.

If yours is like mine, you could remove the stalk and just add a few pushbuttons on the dash instead. I have been thinking about that because occasionally I try to turn on my turn signal by pressing on the cruise stalk!.... it doesn't move! On the dash, below the left center air vent may be my desired location. Mounting on the steering wheel would be tough because the wheel turns and the wires would get all tangled up!

Welcome,
ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts