Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks on the book shelf, I figured the first book in it should be The Book. I configured the panels on the rack so that I can get my canoe on the other side.
I meant why did you use clips inside the angles? I just attached the panels to the angles and then attached the unit to the rack with T-bolts that went through the panel frame and the angle both. That gave me 6 bolts per panel through the angles with 2 of them also to the rack.
Your build is really looking good. Does that awning attach right to the rack?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Shaggy, I see what you’re saying now...just seemed the thing to do at the time. Your way seems more stream lined. If I had it to do again I’d probably do it your way, though I’m perfectly happy with the function of it.
Yeah that awning is attached to the underside of the rack using the t-bolts.
Was looking for an awning under $400 (so no Fiama or Thule) that had long enough legs to work with the height of my rack.
Arb & smittybuilt were also on the short list, this one won because of the outstanding reviews. Lots of Jeep people and 4wheelers have it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are those wood or mdf shiplap wall board? im using MDF shiplaps from lowes around my bed area. I'm still deciding if it will handle the humidity but base on the reviews, people do use in bathroom walls, just not directly in the shower area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Are those wood or mdf shiplap wall board? im using MDF shiplaps from lowes around my bed area. I'm still deciding if it will handle the humidity but base on the reviews, people do use in bathroom walls, just not directly in the shower area.
They’re wood, they come primed @ Home Depot. I think you’re fine either way as long as you coat everything in paint, I’m using a semi gloss because of the ease of cleaning.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks, i did paint mine. my mdf shiplap came prime on the face side but i did prime and paint the front and back for extra water resistance. I'm not sure if i enjoy painting, it took me a weekend to finish a small area of the wall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wife’s mobile office...✔

Seating for 6...✔ (Yes, 4 seatbelts on bench and Steal frame welded for strength)

Road trip Ready...✔ (Bend, Downieville, Pismo, High sierras...✔✔✔✔)

Good times Rollin’...✔

Done with build?...not even close

21 - 30 of 30 Posts