Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We aren't big TV watchers while camping but sometimes it's nice to have dumb, over the air entertainment. We have a small 12v TV and an amplified rabbit ears antenna (also works on 12v) that we use but having rabbit ears inside the van is a PITA for sure. I know there are dedicated RV TV antennas out there does anyone have any experience with them they can share? I'm not interested in anything fancy or expensive, just pick up local and semi-local stations without a lot of hassle. Less than $50 max is my budget;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was in radio shack picking up something else and impulse bought a $12 HD antenna, it's non amplified, two very thin "ears" that fold out to maybe 24". I plugged it in and threw it on the shelf. It picks up near perfect HD locals! The signal goes out mostly while driving fast and comes back at stop lights. I've actually gotten a lot of use from it while tinkering in the van in the driveway.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
on eBay, you can usually find magnetic mount whip antennas for tv. Not lots of signal, but ok for locals while standing still. Stick it on the roof above the driver door and see what you get. I get about 20 digital channels in CT.

Also you may want to try a flat antenna. I keep looking at them but haven't tried one yet. They stick to a window with suction cups. About the size if a piece of paper.

ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts