Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I got my PM the end of September, I'm just now getting to drive it because we were on an extended trip.

Wow, this is fun. I'm pretty sure I have the first PM in this part of Oklahoma.

Went to the lumber yard, opened the back doors. Attendant called the other guys to come look. Lots of "wow!" "awesome!" Etc.

Paint store, same dance.

Menards in Wichita, same dance.

Parked on the street in downtown Wichita and went into store. Came out and saw a UPS driver getting up off his knees. "I couldn't believe it was really FWD!"

Considering that I'm an almost-68-yo "girl," I'm rather enjoying having the "boys" admiring my toy. :x. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get a lot of looks with my PM3500 but the most I get is from other drivers and pedestrians as I come screeching to a stop at a light. It's not so bad unless traffic is stop and go and my brakes squeal every time I stop.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I get a lot of looks with my PM3500 but the most I get is from other drivers and pedestrians as I come screeching to a stop at a light. It's not so bad unless traffic is stop and go and my brakes squeal every time I stop.
Agree with you on that!

I've had a Fedex Ground guy spend time looking at mine while he was in my driveway, and he was driving a brand new transit, which he thought was too ugly to drive!

My heating guy was interested in it. He has a big box truck ( Isuzu, I think) and a high roof Nissan. He bought the NV as a second truck before PM's were available. I don't think he likes the Nissan too much.

I work with a bunch of macho pickup driving guys, quite a few of which asked about the PM after I got it. After hearing my reasons most agreed it was a good choice over a pickup. Doubt I'll see any of um' driving one though. It doesn't fit the "image" of an IBEW utility lineman too well...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I was eating at Chiplote and watching a guy and his wife walk around mine twice. Then walk away and kept turning around for more looks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's a twin to mine!

I get it. Some Promasters are pretty nice looking. Like this one I stumbled upon while lurking at the dealership:
Had to do a double take on that pic. It looks exactly like mine. Not for long though. Just did a gas piping and garage furnace install for one of my buddies who manages a local body shop. Instead of cash we made a little trade. I'm having him smooth and paint the front bumper, grill, rear quarters, and bottom trim panels on the rear doors shiny granite crystal to match. Leaving the wheel flares, body side moldings, and back bumper textured grey for durability. Not quite Paul Sherry fancy, but it should be a nice touch for a part time plumbing truck full time daily driver.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had to do a double take on that pic. It looks exactly like mine. Not for long though. Just did a gas piping and garage furnace install for one of my buddies who manages a local body shop. Instead of cash we made a little trade. I'm having him smooth and paint the front bumper, grill, rear quarters, and bottom trim panels on the rear doors shiny granite crystal to match. Leaving the wheel flares, body side moldings, and back bumper textured grey for durability. Not quite Paul Sherry fancy, but it should be a nice touch for a part time plumbing truck full time daily driver.
Please post a pic when it is done. Mine is also granite. The bright grill is just a little too shiny for me.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The "ugly" is actually a bonus as far as im concerned.

·
Registered
338 Posts
When I first purchase my Transit connect, I had the same reaction from some people. Now, those vans are all over the place-soon the PM will be too- function over form.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts