Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAM likes to advertise the 36' turning circle, but that's for the shorty 118" wheelbase.

I'm sure its out there, but I've not found specs for the turning circle for the 136" and 159" wheelbase.

I'm a bit curious, want to compare it to another large car that I've driven. For the last 20+ years I've had a 1971 Dodge Coronet station wagon. Needs some work, but I love it. Measured it out yesterday, it has a 46-47' turning circle. I've always managed fine in that beast. :eek:

Though the PM won't be able to match our Mini Cooper for maneuverability. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
RAM likes to advertise the 36' turning circle, but that's for the shorty 118" wheelbase.

I'm sure its out there, but I've not found specs for the turning circle for the 136" and 159" wheelbase.

I'm a bit curious, want to compare it to another large car that I've driven. For the last 20+ years I've had a 1971 Dodge Coronet station wagon. Needs some work, but I love it. Measured it out yesterday, it has a 46-47' turning circle. I've always managed fine in that beast. :eek:

Though the PM won't be able to match our Mini Cooper for maneuverability. :D
I can do a U-turn on a city side street intersection with my 159. That was a 3 point turn in my 3500 express.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So... the 159" turns about the same as my old Dodge wagon. Neat.

Maybe its because you're sitting nearly over the front wheels that it felt like such a tight turn in the parking lot. More sensation of swinging yourself around the turn than swinging the front of the vehicle.

Hmm... now I'm gonna have to go measure the wheelbase of my old Dodge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts