Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks , need some help. I am adding side mount cameras to my 2014 Promaster. The system has trigger wires that direct the monitor to show full screen view for turning or changing lanes. That is when you switch the turn signal on to merge left the monitor will change the view to show full screen of the left side of the vehicle. I want to run jumper wires from the fuse box but can not find a fuse for right or left turn signal. Anyone have any idea where they might be?

·
Super Moderator
10,131 Posts
Try under the hood drivers side, there is another fuse box there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I pulled all the mini fuses one by one from both the inside box and the box in the engine compartment but none go to the turn signals.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,507 Posts
Flyfisher.

I'm not sure the fuse box is where you need to be connecting.

From your description, it sounds to me like you want to tap into the wire that carries +12V to the turn indicator lights in the mirrors. If the side mount cameras are going to be mounted on the mirrors, I would think you could attach right there. Otherwise, you can probably find the wires (left + and right +) in the harness going up the steering wheel.

EDIT: I looked at the wiring diagrams I have and don't even see the wiring for the light in the mirror..... hmmm... and the steering column wiring seems to deal with computer level signals, not + and - 12V, if I read it correctly... note: wiring diagrams are hard to find, and pretty cryptic - lots of computer data lines and not much good 'ol fashioned 12V wires!

Any more info provided with the cameras?

Sounds like a great idea!
Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Proeddie.

The instructions that came with the camera system are useless. The people I bought the camera system from didn't even know how the trigger wires worked. But yes it is looking like Ill have to tap the wires on the steering column. Nothing is ever easy. Where did you find a wiring diagram? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tapping the steering column turned out to be a bust. Apparently the turn signal lever wires are super low voltage that runs to the computer. I still think there has to be a fuse somewhere.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,507 Posts
Tapping the steering column turned out to be a bust. Apparently the turn signal lever wires are super low voltage that runs to the computer. I still think there has to be a fuse somewhere.
How about connecting to the wires that connect to the signal light IN the mirror? Might have to run a single wire thru the door to get it to the mirror. That should be 12V for sure because it feeds the flashing light inside the mirror.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
YEAH BUDDIE!! That got it. The pulsing 12 volt signal has no effect on the monitor signal. So when I turn on the left turn signal the screen switches to left side full screen view . When the turn signal is turned off it returns to split screen. Same for the right. Thanks much . Still would like to know where the fuse is. I ll call the dealer next week and post what they say.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,507 Posts
YEAH BUDDIE!! That got it. The pulsing 12 volt signal has no effect on the monitor signal. So when I turn on the left turn signal the screen switches to left side full screen view . When the turn signal is turned off it returns to split screen. Same for the right. Thanks much . Still would like to know where the fuse is. I ll call the dealer next week and post what they say.
Great!!!!

Rear lights? Even easier....didn't think of that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband is having significant trouble finding a listing of the fuses in the interior fusebox (which fuse controls what...). The manual that came with the vehicle is useless-anybody got a source to help us out? Also; he paid for the heated mirror option when he ordered the van, but in the two years we've owned it they've never worked. Both dealerships we've taken the van to are clueless-any ideas out there? (I hate to see a grown man sobbing in the middle of my living room floor...thanks!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts