Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck do I turn off the horn beep / chirp when locking the doors?
It drives me crazy that I can't figure it out. The instructions for other Ram vehicles' do not work.
HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
2015 van- no horn beep/chirp

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
This has been discussed here a few times before (search: horn lock). It seems the answer is no, it can't be turned off. The PM UC5 is missing that setting, plus some others. It doesn't seem the dealer can disable it either. Our VW just chirps quietly, but the PM horn is full blast. At least it doesn't honk when locked from the inside. There is also a theory that only PMs with factory security systems (ours) honk and flash, otherwise they only flash. Can anyone with a PM newer than RD's 2015 and no security system confirm theirs doesn't honk? It would be nice to know that before ordering the factory security system.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has been discussed here a few times before (search: horn lock). It seems the answer is no, it can't be turned off. The PM UC5 is missing that setting, plus some others. It doesn't seem the dealer can disable it either. Our VW just chirps quietly, but the PM horn is full blast. At least it doesn't honk when locked from the inside. There is also a theory that only PMs with factory security systems (ours) honk and flash, otherwise they only flash. Can anyone with a PM newer than RD's 2015 and no security system confirm theirs doesn't honk? It would be nice to know that before ordering the factory security system.
Yes my 17 has the security system. Must be some way to get into the software and change this setting.
I may resort to a relay for the horn that only allows it to beep when the key is on.

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
335 Posts
2016 - No security, no horn.
Also have a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. No security, but the horn chirps. Can't turn it off. Go figure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts