21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Also when the apocalypse happens, the supplies of DEF will eventua
DEF is nothing more than uria and water, so I can think of another ready source you may have in hand...;)

·
Registered
2015 diesel 118" wheelbase 3/15 build Mexico
195 Posts
Just checking in again to see if anyone has a source to put a new program into the ECU?
Everyone is laying low because big brother came down hard on the off road diesel mods shops putting big fines on them

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Good, I have gotten really sick of the inconsiderate bastards who think it is cool to blast around and roll coal. Fine-em, impound the thing until they have a contract to return it to specifications.

Reactions: HVAC1957

·
Registered
3,319 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Yea and the fine is only $45,268 per vehicle and $4527 fine for each one of those they sell unless those things produce a compliant test. Let’s see what was VW’s fine? Oh yea- $2,800,000,000. Not that bad for 500,000 cars only $5,600 each plus they had to buy them back which must have been a good amount of change.
To me it seems about right. I’ll keep your air as clean as I can and I’d feel like you should do the same with my air.

Reactions: HVAC1957

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yea and the fine is only $45,268 per vehicle and $4527 fine for each one of those they sell unless those things produce a compliant test. Let’s see what was VW’s fine? Oh yea- $2,800,000,000. Not that bad for 500,000 cars only $5,600 each plus they had to buy them back which must have been a good amount of change.
To me it seems about right. I’ll keep your air as clean as I can and I’d feel like you should do the same with my air.
I say boulder-dash RD I would never invest that kind of money in a disposable vehicle such as the Promaster
I don't think the Promaster would be much of a coal roller any who. lol

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Modern diesels are built to be cleaner than gas engines and despite the failure to build a perfectly working after-combustion emissions system they will get there and are nearly there already. It isn’t only rolling coal but the invisible emissions like NOx which is endemic in lean burn engines which diesels are. Your investment might be a few hundred dollars to defeat these systems but there will come a time when your fine would be a considerable “investment” into a “disposable” vehicle. My comment was "$4527 fine for each one of those they sell unless those things produce a compliant test.” I just don’t believe one can add a piece of control software and get more hp and comply and DEF delete will allow the NOx to skyrocket. How could that be ignored by your State, EPA, city officials, and any mechanics that work on your ride?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Diesel Brothers should have know better hopefully the show producers pay their fine

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I'm sure the Discovery channel is protected. They should have just CGI'ed the rolling coal and not shown the emission control stuff. Just like their fake moonshine show :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts