Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I am curious if anyone has put any thought to this.

Not looking for a crazy power boost nor to over stress the engine but, if a tunre from a Jeep Wrangler will help the torque curve, recal the speedo if you increase the tire size or have a desire to change the shift points.. I think it would be great to find out!

Please provide your opinions.. keep them relevant and if you don't like the idea, don;t comment, thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
i'm sure the tuner guys are working on a program for the vans as we speak...i'd weight as the torque and weight are diff in the two vehicles....i'm sure its any day now

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hopeful. I plan on going to 245/75R16 if possible for the winter and off road. That is the primary reason for tracking down a 2500.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a concern of mine... I asked for the backspacing measurements so I can look into a better offset as well.

There is a van on here running the SRT10 wheels, 22s, not sure if he has rubbing issues and I have no desires for that but it equates to a 32x10.5 (ish) and I am looking at 9.5 max width to prevent hydro planing and be able to cut through the snow and mud when camping and going to the mountains.

Will keep it in mind, thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tuning? Would this be to make some crazy powered full size van, or is it to just up the capabilities of the Promaster, but we aren't talking some fast &furious stuff here?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha.. that would be dumb in my opinion but I am sure there is one or two that would like it...

For me, I want to be able to correct the speedo for the tire size change, get a few more hp/ tq and potentionally change the shift points.

The funny thing about the fast and furious comment is.. I am actually considering the supercharger for the Jeep Wranglers... would be pretty cool but I feel rather useless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts