Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Maxxfann 7500 and I am trying to test it before installing it. I hooked to to an AC to DC converter that is outputting 12 volts and 9 amps. I open the lid before applying the power. After I apply the power the fan beeps and the lid closes but after it closes I can't get it to do anything, it won't open back up and the fan doesn't start. Is there something I'm missing or do I have a bad fan. I will call the company tomorrow when they are open unless someone on here can tell me I'm doing something stupid and we get it working. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
I'm assuming you don't have a remote? Are you turning it on again after it closes? Mine beeps whenever it opens or closes. You do realize that opening or closing the cover doesn't necessarily start the fan blades up?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,682 Posts
This may seem insignificant, but it isn't. The remote must be pointed directly at the sensor and the signal appears to be sent as you let up on the button, not when you press. Until I realized this, I thought mine had a problem because I would press and sweep away. By the time I let up, the remote would be pointing somewhere else. I've also noticed it doesn't want to start if it is set to 10%. If I want 10%, I start and 20% then back it down.

If you do have to call, they're nice guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts