Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on my experience with different dealer service centers, I thought I would start a list of trustworthy and untrustworthy (based on incompetence servicing promaster diesel) service locations. If anyone else has good/bad experiences with certain service locations, post them up!

Good Experience:

Staunton Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

907 W Frontage Rd, Staunton, IL 62088
(618) 635-2333

Deery Brothers Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Iowa City

651 IA-1, Iowa City, IA 52246
(319) 887-9000

Bad Experience:

Performance Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Delaware
2815 Stratford Rd, Delaware, OH 43015
(740) 369-9611

Elk Grove Dodge Chrysler Jeep
8575 Laguna Grove Dr, Elk Grove, CA 95757
(916) 405-2600

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you all keeping your favorite service locations a secret? Don't have any you trust? >:D

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Sorry to not be able to add to the list but my diesel has had no service except flash updates and oil changes. They were done fine by:
Tri City Ram
189 Route 108
Somersworth NH
(603) 742-9262
tricitydodge.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
50/50 at Carson City Dodge. Reno Dodge knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
mine has been the first and only diesel any of the shops have worked on.
Benchmark in birmingham AL, forced me to pay $1847 for a shifter that mine did not need and then told me fca warranty did not pay them enough to replace the transmission. i had to pick it up with a defective trans and bring it back home 250 miles.
lander in southaven ms would keep my van for weeks and tell me they could not duplicate my transmission problems. they did however replace the transmission under warranty by orders from customer care. they mechanic was typical of most dealership work, speed not care. when i complained about the broken headlight they said they did not do it. they said they did not remove it. i pointed out that it was necessary to replace the tcm, they then responded that it was a used junkyard headlight that i put in and i was trying to get a free new one from them. the best they offered was some glue. the trans is working fine still 5 months later here at 53k miles. i still worry everytime i leave as to when it will act up again.
homer skelton in millington tn, i took it there over concerns trans jumped out of gear. they ran a scan and said valve body was bad. a week later they said pick up your van. i asked them if the valve body fixed my van. service writer asked me what i was talking about. i asked what was done. nothing was done. they found nothing wrong. i took the service manager for a ride. it jumped out of gear 2 times in about a 5 mile ride. he told me so what. take it somewhere else i aint working on it. no charge for keeping it a week.

this is my delivery van, no van = no work, it took 10 months to repair because it was warranty work. if i was paying it would have taken a couple weeks, mostly waiting for parts. they will not overnight even if i offer to pay for it. that really bothers me as i am an overnight/expedite delivery driver.

i rate benchmark as a no go
i rate landers as slow and sloppy
i rate homer skelton as no go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts