Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Truckfridge 130 but realize that I'm going to also need the bracket (not included). I was hoping to finish my cabinets this weekend but don't have all the measurements I need without the bracket.

Does anyone have this fridge? If so, could you take an up-close pic of the bracket and how it attaches to the fridge or a measurement of how wide the bracket is and how far the screw holes are from the body of the fridge?

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
Why do you need the bracket? Is it too heavy or unstable, top heavy? Can you run bolts from underneath to the bottom of it or does it sit directly on the floor?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sits on the floor on four rubber feet but there's no way to secure it without the flange/bracket, it would just be sliding around. I need the flange or else make one out of aluminum but the factory flange has a nicer finished look.

I did find some more bits of info on other forums and on the internet that allowed me to figure out how it mounts and what the final mounted measurements would be.

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
I was thinking of getting one myself but I have to make my opening about 2" higher which is doable but very tight so I'm still not sure. I like the price and size but I'm not sure if it's worth the rouble. I would be able to bolt it down from underneath however as it would sit about 34" off the floor with access underneath.

Keep us advised on how it works out for you, please!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and built the cabinets under the assumption that the flange/bracket is just a piece of aluminum held in place by screws. That's what it appears to be from the pictures I've scrounged around and found online. The outside dimensions given on their website are accurate for the fridge. I'm assuming about 1/4" additional on each side for the thickness of the aluminum flange and the head of the screw.

I temporarily installed it and turned it on. It's very quiet. I had to get close to hear if it was running. The freezer got cold almost instantly. The main fridge was cooling a little slower but I shut it off because I don't have a means to recharge my batteries yet. I'll post a few pics of the back of the installed flange when I get it in.

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
I didn't get the flange. From what I could see it's just a flat piece of aluminum or steel that you screw to the sides of the fridge then screw into the cabinet and the door covers it. This is fine if you want the door flush but I wanted the case itself flush with the cabinet and the thickness of the door sticking out so the door would fully open and there would be minimal space on each side. Although it doesn't say it anywhere the top trim piece that the door locks onto is actually designed to be screwed into the cabinet. You don't really need anything just screw the top lip into your cabinet. This wouldn't work for me because I mounted the door out from the cabinet so I simply screwed a 12" piece of 1 ½" angle on each side of the top of the fridge box and then screwed them to the cabinet then put my microwave on top of that and trimmed everything out. Unfortunately I got so carried away planning and executing the installation I forgot to take any photos!

The measurements are very close but I wouldn't advise building a cabinet for it without having the actual fridge if you want it to look "factory".

·
Super Moderator
10,680 Posts
The right, back side of my cabinet (where the cooling fan is) is open to my closet so it happens. It's not a fantastic way to vent but in the week it's been running the outside ambient temp has been in the middle 80's and the van was sitting in my driveway most of the time (in the sun with the windows closed) and it worked fine. Every set up is different tho and if I didn't have that 2' wide closet next to it with a large opening where the fridge fan is I would have had to vent it some other way.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update:

The factory was back ordered on the mounting flange/brackets so I just made one. I had a piece of angle aluminum laying around that I used to mount it. I looked at pictures for the fridge online and mounted the angle aluminum the same as the factory bracket would mount. I called Truck Fridge to see what size screw they recommend and he didn't know off the top of his head but said it was the same screw that holds the door hinge on so I took one out and took it to the hardware store to match it.

The measurements are very close. I can't remember how close but I do remember that it was very close to what is given on their site. I gave myself a little clearance on the sides for installation so it worked out fine. I just mounted a bracket on the sides and left the top and bottom open.

I had the fridge running non-stop for about a month and it worked fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts