Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regular odometer works. Instantaneous MPG works, but not average mpg for trip A or trip B. Date and time work. Trips just display 0.0.

I tried rebooting by disconnecting the battery negative cable. No luck,

Suggestions? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks..

Pete
2016 Ram Promaster High roof 156wb gas

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
When you disconnected the negative wire from the battery terminal did you leave it off for 1/2 hour? Did you do anything to drain any residual power from capacitors like apply the brake? Did the radio need a reset code? If no for any of these you did not reset the computer either and need to repeat. I like Z-S suggestion too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the replies. For Ziggy's reply, if the button were stuck, I would expect it to continually cycle through all the settings. But it is not doing that. Pushing the button on the stem once tkes me to the next screen. Will check the other button, though, just in case.

RD, I think you hit it. I did not leave it disconnected for very long, nor did I drain any caps. I will disconnect tonight, reconnect in the morning, and let you all know.

Thanks again, and sorry it took so long to get back here. Life keeps getting in the way!

Hope to bring good news tomorrow, or at least sooner than the 5 months it took me to get back here!

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts