Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you traveling this winter? Please in your Promaster only, sissies fly, train or Greyhound bus it...Takes a real sport to go by cruise barge. Imagine being quarantined on board and no port wants you because someone has the latest strain..Yippee!
Covid is just one consideration. Stuff happens, life is short and uncertain.
Got a health risk calculator from South Dakota.
I turned out to be 94 years old, only 3% risk of dying of covid, that all?? at 94!
There are other concerns,
Peaceful protesters come to mind.
I hear they are still counting mail in ballots in some states, now that could get ugly.
Lord willin' and the crik don't rise, I'm going to Arizona from Maine.
Wherever, let us hear if you plan to go.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
721 Posts
Depending on when and where the study was done, I haven't seen a survival rate that high anywhere. Where are you seeing such a low number?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,070 Posts
Hoping to meet up with my son and wife in Southern California sometime this winter. Although he and his wife try to be as careful as we, we will still distance. I will deliver to them the potty I made for their van—I told them I would make it only if I get to deliver in person. My yearly stay with them in SF won’t be happening this year, nor will my winter trip south to visit family. 😢

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
As the third year of traveling with the van approaches, still no heat installed, wiring hanging, insulation incomplete, lowered bases, swivel seats waiting install, tires worn, Promaster Bobber is good to go, need to get a 2" ball to hook up the chuck wagon, put the bed in, LiFeO4 batteries are here on the living room table, yet I feel good. Rototilled the garden.
Mental illness appears to be the big threat to health, just the opinion of a 94 year old, ha.
Have a lot to be thankful for, get plenty of good, warm advise here even if I ignore it.
Usually I get pissed off at something, winterize the camp (2 hours max) and hit the road. A big time planner.
Got a sauna in the kitchen, sold the hot tubs, yes, I could go any day now. Well, the 5 year old grandkid gets his present first. The rest get cash, if they are nice.

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
252 Posts
As the third year of traveling with the van approaches, still no heat installed, wiring hanging, insulation incomplete, lowered bases, swivel seats waiting install, tires worn, Promaster Bobber is good to go, need to get a 2" ball to hook up the chuck wagon, put the bed in, LiFeO4 batteries are here on the living room table, yet I feel good. Rototilled the garden.
Mental illness appears to be the big threat to health, just the opinion of a 94 year old, ha.
Have a lot to be thankful for, get plenty of good, warm advise here even if I ignore it.
Usually I get pissed off at something, winterize the camp (2 hours max) and hit the road. A big time planner.
Got a sauna in the kitchen, sold the hot tubs, yes, I could go any day now. Well, the 5 year old grandkid gets his present first. The rest get cash, if they are nice.
Love your attitude! (y) Stay healthy and stay travelling at the drop of a hat. And to heck with anyone who tells us we have to stay home and locked down when there are places to go and things to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Left Alabama 10/27/20 headed to San Francisco. Five days to drive out and stayed at daughter/sil/grandkids until 11/17. They have a RV pad with hookups in their yard so great visit as we had our own little hideaway. Been stopping along the way.... Vegas, Red Rock Canyon, Walnut Canyon, Petrified Forest.... no schedule or time restrictions so we’re just going with the flow. First trip in our new van and we are having a blast!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
We live on Vancouver Island. Although the weather where we live is one of the best spots in Canada, we love going South when it gets colder here (we rarely get snow now & if we do it only lasts a week or two).

Like Arizona 🌵South !!

Yesterday our Province “British Columbia” had major travel restrictions (amongst other restrictions) as our Covid numbers have risen recently. This coupled with the USA / CAN Border being closed for the foreseeable future, it looks like we will be spending Christmas in a Winter Wonderland.

So be it;
Our Family perspective is “lemons & lemonade” or “If You Pout - You Miss Out”

If we can’t get out, we make fun where we are. So hoping for improved numbers on the virus, a speedy vaccine, herd immunity, & getting back to freedom of travel.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
721 Posts
Just got back from a 3-week trip recently so I'm good for now. Tentatively planning to head toward the Carolina coast for a few days the Sunday after Thanksgiving and who knows, may be gone for a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
@RV8R, yes, we can't complain about being stuck here on beautiful Vancouver Island. We've taken several 2-4 day trips this fall up island and to nearby Gulf Islands. We watch the forecast and dash out between storm fronts. Most recently, we had a whole provincial campground to ourselves for 3 nights on Gabriola Island. The return ferry took 90min, stopping at two other islands on the way back. While everyone else sat in the dark shivering in their cars, we fired up the parking heater, cooked dinner, and relaxed with smug smiles.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@RV8R, yes, we can't complain about being stuck here on beautiful Vancouver Island. We've taken several 2-4 day trips this fall up island and to nearby Gulf Islands. We watch the forecast and dash out between storm fronts. Most recently, we had a whole provincial campground to ourselves for 3 nights on Gabriola Island. The return ferry took 90min, stopping at two other islands on the way back. While everyone else sat in the dark shivering in their cars, we fired up the parking heater, cooked dinner, and relaxed with smug smiles.
Yes, best to stay up north.
'If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy,' Red Green
Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati, Possum Lodge Motto

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
721 Posts
Speaking of Red Green, just posted his solution to seized lug nuts on this thread:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, had a friend that did not find Red funny. She said it is really not funny if you live with him in real life.
'Never give up, Never give in and most importantly you don't ever read the owners manual', Red.
It won't be the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My daughter is a college student and has decided to stay on campus over the break, so I'm planning a trip to Oregon in December to visit her. We'll probably head over to the coast for a few days - does anyone have any good Oregon coastal camping spots to recommend?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm heading to Florida in a few weeks and don't plan on coming back to the cold North (Michigan) until the Morels start popping! I travel solo and generally spend all my time outdoors away from most people, so my only Covid concern is if the Anytime Fitness locations will have their showers open late at night.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
We would love to take our usual trips up to Canada, but not this year with border closed.

I'm wondering if they will allow entry into Canada with proof of Covid vaccination, since we seem to be only a couple months to vaccine shots?
Anybody heard anything about this?

I emailed the vaccine question into the Canada gov site, but no answer yet.

Gary

1 - 20 of 53 Posts