Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post an update of my Travato diesel. I checked every option when I bought it, so it has kayak racks and solar on the roof. At 4,000 miles I had a CEL for 2 EGR sensors. 2 trips to a dealer 25 miles away, problem solved. At 5.000 miles CEL light comes on again, more sensors and moisture found in wire connectors. The service writer also notes that the front tires are 50% worn?
Dodge won't warranty the tires or alignment, since it is a Winnebago now. The RV dealer is solid, and covers the cost of tires and alignment. Front end was 1" out on the toe-in! It still drove fine, except in the rain over tar strips when it would dance, but now it is perfect. Mileage went from around 18 to between 21 and 23 on the freeway at 65 to 70 mph. Love the unit, it drives so much better than some of the Sprinter class B's I test drove.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
It is so good to hear from an owner who has had good luck with the few warrantee claims at their dealer and Winnebago. Some of these things will happen but too many have had horror stories about the service. Build date for the van? Just wondering if yours is a Pre-mid 2015 when a few other had CEL's?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I second RD on hearing good news:)

Thanks for posting,

Dave

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
.....cut.... Mileage went from around 18 to between 21 and 23 on the freeway at 65 to 70 mph. Love the unit, it drives so much better than some of the Sprinter class B's I test drove.
Also want to thank you for posting. It's not surprising that having one front tire wanting to go left and the other right would kill fuel economy.

It's also very useful to read your +/- 22 MPG to compare with gasoline Travatos reporting around 17 MPG or thereabouts. That 30% improvement is right in the middle of the often-discussed 20~40 percent difference for diesel versus gasoline. Great information to have which leads to informed decisions. Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a diesel Travato 59G in February (build dates on the chassis and the conversion were both 12/2015). At about 2400 miles it developed an oil leak. I took it to the dodge dealer, and they replaced the PVC valve, which cleared up the problem. I just took it on a 3500 mile round trip to MN and back in some fairly tough driving conditions: freeway speeds, temperatures in the 30s, and high winds for much of the trip. I averaged about 19mpg. I corresponded with another poster who had actually taken a trip in his gas Travato under similar conditions. He says he averaged 14mpg.

The rig handled great... even in 30mph headwinds with gusts up to 45 (according to freeway readerboards). We're taking a two-week trip swinging through New Mexico and then over to California next week. I suspect the driving conditions should be better. I'll let you know how about MPG after the trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts