Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a sprinter owner (DIY camper), and I needed/wanted a bigger rig for extended and frequent travel. I don't have the time to do another DIY, so I have ordered a Travato 59G (built on the 3500 extended).

I will primarily use it for motorcycle racing and surf travel. But it will also be my only cage. I use motos a lot in the spring/summer/fall for transport. The new rig is expensive, but I'm buying it with my GF who also races.

I love my sprinter, but it's a 118" and has gotten too small for 2 person sporting travel. A little nervous but pretty excited to get the new van.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome. The Promaster is a great platform for RV/Sport/Cave. I have a 2015 gas version and very impressed with drive quality and stability. However, if you ordered the swivel seats check them out to see if they the ISRI USA (not sure if they the manufacturer for 2017/18) seats, that have a manufacturing flaw. Mine have been rockin for 18,000kms now and FCA warranty process was atrocious. They say "all swivel seats are gonna rock"... See post "swivel seats that ROCK" or video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmBp4mmGuUB0lfw-Cc002HBqREw-HT6U/view
Id be grateful if you could let me know if yours are swivel and are good ones. Otherwise, happy trails and many moto moguls!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seats are definitely swivel. I will be sure to follow up and let you know if they rock too. Should take delivery in early april.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this is getting real. I have a deposit on my current sprinter build. Sale to be completed when my new van arrives. Wooohoo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been wondering how big a change this will be, and here it is!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Travato will be here the 19th! Not sure when we can pick it up, but the wait is almost over. Woohooo!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up the van saturday and went straight to a great boondock spot. The van drives nicer than the older sprinter with the independent front suspension. It's also smoother and quieter than the diesel. The lack of torque on demand is the trade off for sure, but i can deal.

The van feels freaking huge inside by comparison. It's more spacious even with the bathroom and tons more cabinets. The boxy body is just a better starting point.

I was worried about the winnie build quality, but i have to say that it is impressing me. Some great design features and higher end components and materials. The build just works great and looks/feels really good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd love see some interior pics of your Sprinter 118 layout as it's the stubby ones than interest me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll dig some up. It's similar to the travato g layout minus the bathroom and booth
I'd love see some interior pics of your Sprinter 118 layout as it's the stubby ones than interest me.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Congratulations.

It’s a great choice. If I had to go out today and buy a motorhome, I’d get a Travato just like yours, right down to color. The extended ProMaster is great size for two while still providing occassional extra space, seating, and sleeping for two young children.

By the way, is that the new removable ladder on back door I see in last picture?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the ladder is pretty slick. it unbolts with a t handle and can be used anywhere but along the awning.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some pics of the stubby van build. I added a lot of equipment after this, but this layout was pretty killer for the smaller van.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts