Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what folks are using for trash?

Every car I've ever had, I wind up jury rigging something around the console area and usually involving supermarket disposable plastic bags, frequently hanging awkwardly off a stick or something.

But it always sucks. And the bags are in the way, and they get bumped and rip etc.

I wish the promaster cup holders were higher, and there was a nice receptacle below them, maybe one that fit a common sized bag. But alas, this is not the world of the now. Still, there's space to be had..

Wondering if anyone's found a nice, handy, solid product or way to deal with trash in the promaster that doesn't get in the way, etc?

:)Ben

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Ben,

Just chuck it behind you and don't worry about it! Plenty of space! >:D

Actually, I was thinking that the space under the passenger seat would be a good place for a "drawer" for trash. Or a pouch that hangs behind the passenger seat.

The forum should have a contest... Best Trash Can design for a Promaster! :)

Ed

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ben,

Just chuck it behind you and don't worry about it! Plenty of space! >:D

Actually, I was thinking that the space under the passenger seat would be a good place for a "drawer" for trash. Or a pouch that hangs behind the passenger seat.

The forum should have a contest... Best Trash Can design for a Promaster! :)

Ed

My thoughts precisely, both on the toss it behind and don't worry about it front and the design contest front..

:)PP

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wondering what folks are using for trash?

Every car I've ever had, I wind up jury rigging something around the console area and usually involving supermarket disposable plastic bags, frequently hanging awkwardly off a stick or something.

But it always sucks. And the bags are in the way, and they get bumped and rip etc.

I wish the promaster cup holders were higher, and there was a nice receptacle below them, maybe one that fit a common sized bag. But alas, this is not the world of the now. Still, there's space to be had..

Wondering if anyone's found a nice, handy, solid product or way to deal with trash in the promaster that doesn't get in the way, etc?

:)Ben
I gather all my trash in a plastic bag locate the nearest sprinter open door toss in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put a regular plastic waste basket set sideways between the two seats and it works great. It sets far enough back that it doesn't get in the way seat belts or anything else.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,823 Posts
On a similar note, I need a way to secure groceries while the back is an empty hole. The other day, I picked up 2 gallons of milk on the way home from Lowes and was pretty antsy getting it home.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I use the drivers side door storage as a garbage. Then when I get home the garbage bin is
right by the door when I back up in my drive way.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
On a similar note, I need a way to secure groceries while the back is an empty hole. The other day, I picked up 2 gallons of milk on the way home from Lowes and was pretty antsy getting it home.
Ms,

I keep a few bungee cords with me. For small stuff I bungee it right behind the front seats. There are holes drilled in the factory seat base that are perfect for hooking on a bungee cord. For milk bottles, just hook the bungee thru the handles.

In keeping with the thread theme, we could bungee a small trash basket to the back of the seat frame the same way!

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
I have a few of those heavy plastic crates milk is delivered in. Every vehicle I have owned has carried one bungeed in the back or trunk at some time, even the Miata. One behind the front seats seems like it would be perfect. They are all from defunct companies so I avoid the warning that stealing them is a crime... driven out of business by the replacement cost of plastic crate replacement no doubt. Sad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts