Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fedex ground contractor and I thought I had found the cheaper alternative to the sprinter. I was wrong, the transmission went out at 6,000 miles. It sat at the dealership for 4 weeks when I decided to contact Chrysler. The dealer then informed them that their lift was to small to pull the tranny. It's now being towed an hour and a half away to get fixed. I'm hoping they'll do the right thing and reimburse me on all of my cost. I think the van might be great but I can't deal with the lack of professionalism showed by all parties involved. I'll keep y'all updated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had an F350 years ago where something similar happened. Its need a torque convertor. The truck Sat at the repair shop for 3 weeks before someone called me and told me their lift couldn't accommodate my truck. So I know how frustrated you must be. Keep us posted. I'd like to know what exactly went wrong with yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flex plate/fly wheel on 9K miles

Had almost similar problem (at least I'm not the only one, now it kinda explains certain things). I was in Laredo, TX, when loud knocking started coming from lower part of engine compartment, especially when vehicle was idling, , plus when i turn they ignition key, it felt like starter missing some teeth on the fly wheel. There was no visible signs of malfunction, so, when i finally get back to dealer, (i made it safely from TX to PA), they gave suggestion it might be related to flywheel malfunctioning. Sure said, when they had chance to open the tranny, fly wheel/flex plate was badly damaged. After week of waiting for the PM trained technician to start working on it, 10 days waiting for parts, and another day of labor, they had it all fixed. I was down almost 3 weeks because of this. And i noticed, almost every dealer i spoke to, had only 1 guy trained on Promasters, so you have to wait when he becomes available to work on the vehicle. So, this is my story. Any questions, please aks..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your right vlox, I drive otr & every dealership I've been to only has 1 trained pm tech. These guys weren't ready when this van came out & still are not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow four weeks just to tell you that it wouldn't fit on their lift. Wtf? I've had a terrible dealership experience as well. Chrysler needs to get it together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had several small issues, with the Promaster 1500 I got new in Aug '15, van was a '14 model. Biggest small issue was the rear door handle cable just popping off on any random opening, real pain if your van is stuffed and you have to clime over whatever with needle nose to pull the cable down using the dimmest dome light ever. Dumbest door locks too, if you dont fully close the door NONE of the doors lock when you hit the clicker, and if you are not looking at the van and miss the 5 flashes, all your stuff is unlocked, hardest head light bulb change EVER.
BIG issue this week is the flywheel failed (I know the noise/sound) at 32,400. 9 days until warranty appointment the find out what is making the noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts