Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any hard shifts yet? Yesterday mine made a shift from 2nd into 3rd the tach jumped up to around 5,000 then dropped back in gear. Rocked the van when it went back into gear. I pulled into traffic so I was on it a little harder than normal but no way on it hard. Not sure exactly what the tach reached. When I heard the engine rev I looked down and the tach was up near the 5,000 mark then the shift came in. Later on after I unloaded (only had on 20lbs) It did it again but not nearly as hard. It's always seamed a little sluggy going into 3rd but never free wheeled between shifts. 40,000 on it now I hope if it's going to fail it does it soon. Went to Boston with a tail wind all the way across got over 24 mpg that was awesome until I turned around and came into the wind and climbed the hills.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've had 2 Ford F-150s do that. I changed the transmission fluid on both at about 30,000 miles and they shifted smooth the rest of the time I owned them. I think we get metal shavings in fluid during break in.

I feel better changing fluid at 30,000 when I know I'll keep the truck years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts